PDA

View Full Version : New Sound Card - Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Platinum Pro

Unregistered
10-30-2003, 03:34 PM
I am currently running my DBpoweramp through the Factory sound card on my Compaq Presario. I am considering upgrading and I hjave been looking awfully hard at the Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Platnium Pro. I am thinking about installing this sound card and then running it through my stereo system. Does anyone currently have this card and what do you think of it, any other suggetions or advice would be great. WIth a $200-$250 price tag, I am doing all the research and such I can do.
Thanks

RossRoy
10-30-2003, 04:26 PM
Do you really need the bells and whistles of the Platinum Pro (front port drive and remote) dip of that Audigy? My guess is a standard Audigy 2 ZS would do the exact same job at a much lower price tag, because the card itself, as well as the drivers, are the exact same thing.

ferris209
10-31-2003, 01:36 AM
Well, I've considered that, and yeah I believe I do need all the bells and whistles. I play guitar and I sing and I record myself onto COOl EDIT PRO 2.0 and I like to play around with a recordings, so I believe IU would use those functions quite a bit.

Do you really need the bells and whistles of the Platinum Pro (front port drive and remote) dip of that Audigy? My guess is a standard Audigy 2 ZS would do the exact same job at a much lower price tag, because the card itself, as well as the drivers, are the exact same thing.

RossRoy
10-31-2003, 08:12 AM
Well in that case, the Audigy is an excellent card, especially with that front bay thingy.