PDA

View Full Version : problem with wma codec

Unregistered
10-20-2003, 05:59 AM
Please is it possible to convert WMA format to another such MP3 under
Windows 98 where the highest last version authorized for Windows Media Player is 7.1.
I have try to install the codec in Central Codec as explained but it does not function. It does not recognize .wma files.

Spoon
10-20-2003, 06:08 PM
It will do, you can have WMAv9 with my Codecs, make sure you install them (both, small and big installs) to the same location as the Music Converter.

Unregistered
10-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Thank you.
I had not downloaded " Windows Media Audio v9 System Codecs" the big one !
Now all seems to be OK

Carla
07-29-2004, 09:33 AM
I want to convert from WMA to MP3. I've installed the Windows Media Player update and the WMA codec the converter told me I needed, but when I right click on my WMA file and click on 'convert', it tells me I still need those files. From reading other posts I'm not sure this problem can be corrected. Is there something else I should try? Thanks!

xoas
07-29-2004, 12:08 PM
If you are new to dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) and haven't used dMC successfully before, I would ask you to make sure that when you installed dMC that you also installed to system updates for Windows 98. If you have then you should be able to rip a cd to mp3 or convert an mp3 file to wav format or do other types of file conversion successfully.
Assuming you have done so and that you have done other successful conversions with other formats, then I would check to make sure that you have had installed either Windows Media Player version 9 or the WMP version 9 system updates;
that you have installed the dMC WMA v9 codec and installed it to the right spot (which should be the default location, assuming that you installed dMC to the default location as well) AND that you rebooted the computer after installing these 2 things. I am also assuming that you have performed those three steps in that order.

If you have done those things right, I would next go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dMC Configuration and check to make sure that Windows Media Audio v9 installed both as an Installed Compression Codec and as an Installed Input Codec. If it does not show up, it suggests that you have not installed either dMC or the Windows Media codec and system files correctly. If this is your problem you should uninstall and then reinstall dMC and the wma v9 codec making sure you install both to their default locations.

If dMC Configuration shows that WMA is correctly installed, your problem may be different than you think. I would ask you to send us the exact wording of the error message you are receiving as well as the nature of the WMA file(s) you are trying to convert (bitrate, channels, frequency) as well as the setting for the mp3 file you are hoping to convert to. With this information, we should be able to get things straightened out fairly quickly, unless your WMA file is copy protected.

Keep us posted on how you make out.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen