title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP R2024 beta.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Arnold
    The description of this new option "Fill missing Artist tags - Affects files with Album Artist but no Artist set" is a little cryptic for me, because all my albums have also artist tags.
    Ah, I now understand how this works.
    Asset just performs a hardcopy of the AlbumArtist tag to the Artist tag. And it doesn't matter if the artist tag already has one or more entries, Asset just appends another entry.
    And with this option switch off, Asset does not copy (and append) the AlbumArtist tag to the Artist tag.

Comment

• simes_pep
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Issue with latest Beta build, the periodic rescan is performing a ‘full’ scan function, and not a ‘detect changes level scan”.
      The media library is available, but the device is continually performing a scan, as a ‘delete database & rebuild’ level scan takes about 12-18 hours.
      This is on a RPi2 so using the ARM32 build.

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by simes_pep
        Issue with latest Beta build, the periodic rescan is performing a ‘full’ scan function, and not a ‘detect changes level scan”.
        The media library is available, but the device is continually performing a scan, as a ‘delete database & rebuild’ level scan takes about 12-18 hours.
        This is on a RPi2 so using the ARM32 build.
        Thanks for the bug report.
        This is certainly not the intended behavior. Please post some library logs - no need for complete scan passes, just some samples of activity during such rescan.

Comment

• simes_pep
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by PeterP

This is certainly not the intended behavior. Please post some library logs - no need for complete scan passes, just some samples of activity during such rescan.
          I have returned back to the 'R2024-08-07' release to confirm that it was not a corruption of my uMediaLibrary-r8 files.
          This version is behaving as expected.

Do you need to move back to Beta version and get the library logs?

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Okay, no need for logs, I know exactly when I broke this, has to do with internal vs external album art change.
            New build coming up shortly.

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

New build up, spurious reload regression fixed, thanks again for the report.

Comment

• simes_pep
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Dec 2013

New build up, spurious reload regression fixed, thanks again for the report.
                New Beta build seems to working as expected again.
                It’s called Beta testing!

Comment

• umgfoin
                  • Apr 2016

Current version:
                  • Internet Radio streams: made send Accept-Ranges: None to prevent clients from attempting tag reads or seeking on nonseekable sources.
                  • Added user radio stream list, editable under Advanced settings. Work in progress, for now they show in TuneIn Radio root folder.
                  • Web Config: Restored option to override transcoding format for internet radio, was lost earlier this year.

Hello Peter,
                  thanks for working on the Internet radio - feature!

When added as "user radio stream list", none of the following links play beside last one (GHOST TOWN RADIO).
                  Foobar 2K mobile-error "Playback error: Unsupported format or corrupted file..."

Code:
                  http://dispatcher.rndfnk.com/br/br2/live/mp3/mid|BR 2
                  htts://dispatcher.rndfnk.com/br/br1/nbopf/mp3/mid|BR 1 Ndb./Opf.
                  http://dispatcher.rndfnk.com/br/brklassik/live/mp3/high|BR Klassik
                  http://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fip-hifi.aac|FIP
                  https://st01.sslstream.dlf.de/dlf/01/high/aac/stream.aac|DLF
                  https://st02.sslstream.dlf.de/dlf/02/high/aac/stream.aac|DLF Kultur
                  http://orf-live.ors-shoutcast.at/fm4-q2a|ORF FM4
                  http://ghosttownradio.out.airtime.pro/ghosttownradio_b|GHOST TOWN RADIO
                  Same stations added as playlist do work.

It looks like user-radio links are all force-transcoded to mp3 not important if they natively stream as mp3 or aac.
                  Code:
                  ===========ProcessFileRequest================
                  http://192.x.x.x:26125/content/c2/b16/f44100/r7-co178EDED802EB9E70.forced.mp3
                  =============================================

Content Range: -1 to -1
                  Opening audio file: https://ghosttownradio.out.airtime.pro/ghosttownradio_b
                  Decodes [Get]​
                  FYI: The last station (GHOST TOWN RADIO) isn't on-air 24/7. During off-times they stream *silence*.

Cheers,
                  Umgfoin.

Comment

• PeterP
                    Super Moderator
                    • Jul 2011

Errors with MP3 transcoding have just been addressed.
                    If you use foobar2000 as client, it's generally not desirable to let Asset transcode in first place, but Asset must do this by default because many UPnP renderers can't deal with Internet radio streams properly.
                    To suppress transcoding, go to Asset settings, streaming options, set RADIO to "as is single". This will hand your foobar2000 the original radio link, causing foobar2000 playback to connect to the radio entirely bypassing Asset, get live track titles, etc.

Comment

• umgfoin
                      • Apr 2016

Errors with MP3 transcoding have just been addressed.
                      As for the Foobar2000 mobile client transcoded radio-playback still fails with the above aac-streams (network error).
                      mp3-encoded stations play correctly, now.

If you use foobar2000 as client, it's generally not desirable to let Asset transcode in first place, but Asset must do this by default because many UPnP renderers can't deal with Internet radio streams properly.
                      Understand - makes sense.

To suppress transcoding, go to Asset settings, streaming options, set RADIO to "as is single". This will hand your foobar2000 the original radio link, causing foobar2000 playback to connect to the radio entirely bypassing Asset, get live track titles, etc.
                      Great - also works fine with client-specific settings:
                      Code:
                      =foobar2000-mobile
                      [ForceToSINGLE]
                      .RADIO
                      And I was always wondering, what that mysterious "RADIO"-fileext. might be...

++umgfoin.

Comment

• Spymaster
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Feb 2020

Does anyone know if there's a hiccup with the newest version for Synology: R2024-09-23? I needed to restart my NAS today, to correct a hangup in PhotoStation indexing, and on both occasions Asset failed to start without a manual re-start, with "can't find media server on network" displayed on my smartphone's media player. It shows as "running" and everything looked fine, but only when I manually restarted Asset did everything snap into place on my devices.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Restart your router, then all your devices, it means discovery is not working on your network.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>