title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP R2024 beta

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold
    • Mar 2016

Hi all,
    It's been quiet for some time now.
    What's up with the further development of Asset?

PeterP, how are you doing? Hope everything is okay with you.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Just busy with other programs (dBpoweramp, etc) will release a new Asset soon.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Just a heads-up; I'm alive and all bug reports are noted, we will be fixing remaining pending issues and releasing a new version in a few weeks.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

New build posted, addresses many ugly behaviors of the configuration page.
          I'm working on Windows port next.

Comment

• simes_pep
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by PeterP
            New build posted, addresses many ugly behaviors of the configuration page.
            I'm working on Windows port next.
            AssetUPnP on RPi2 running DietPi (an old Pi, but dedicated just for this function - UPnP server to a Naim NDS Network Player)

Configuration pages, and mainly the front Status page, look good. And scanning seems to have improved in speed, or it just updating the screen better?

Many thanks,
            Simon.

Comment

• nytimez
              • Oct 2020

I have installed latest beta (on Ubuntu) and I am having problem getting any sound in players. I have fallen back to the official version and have sound back, but I don't know how to restore the config backup. Can anyone enlighten me on how to do that or tell me why the beta isn't working

Comment

• simes_pep
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by simes_pep

AssetUPnP on RPi2 running DietPi (an old Pi, but dedicated just for this function - UPnP server to a Naim NDS Network Player)
                Configuration pages, and mainly the front Status page, look good. And scanning seems to have improved in speed, or it just updating the screen better?
                Many thanks,
                Simon.
                Ok, we have a problem - Images from the 'AssetUserUpstreamImages' folder within the 'uMediaLibrary-r8' are not being loaded.
                The 'Preload user images to memory' function doesn't seem to working in this Beta release.
                If you look at this, as I have 1,183 images carefully selected, sized and named to be uploaded into my Album Artist/Album view (my default view), as it sorts all Artist and then the Albums available by that Aritst.

Thanks,
                Simon.
                Last edited by simes_pep; July 24, 2024, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• nytimez
                  • Oct 2020

Originally posted by nytimez
                  I have installed latest beta (on Ubuntu) and I am having problem getting any sound in players. I have fallen back to the official version and have sound back, but I don't know how to restore the config backup. Can anyone enlighten me on how to do that or tell me why the beta isn't working
                  Figured out how to restore config. I copied the contents of Backup.tar to .dBpoweramp/ . Still don't know why no sound from beta.
                  Last edited by nytimez; July 24, 2024, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• PeterP
                    Super Moderator
                    • Jul 2011

Sorry about glitch in yesterday build - playback failures have just been addressed, other issues are being looked at.

Update: Refreshed build uploaded, fixed user images init regression.
                    Last edited by PeterP; July 25, 2024, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• PeterP
                      Super Moderator
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by simes_pep

Scanning speed hasn't changed in *this* build, but I could refresh the status text more often having gotten rid of whole page reload.

Comment

• nytimez
                        • Oct 2020

Sorry about glitch in yesterday build - playback failures have just been addressed, other issues are being looked at.

Thanks Peter, playback working now.

Comment

• nytimez
                          • Oct 2020

The Options page no longer has an "Apply" button so no way to save changes.

Created a new instance and the library of the first instance was completely rescanned. Could this be because I restored config backup from first instance? The only difference between the 2 instances would be that the second transcodes mp3's to 128

Comment

• PeterP
                            Super Moderator
                            • Jul 2011

Creating new instance should not cause existing instance to do anything, will do some checks to make sure this isn't the case.
                            Importing configuration does cause full rescan however.

You are no longer supposed to need the Apply button - changes are saved instantly.

Comment

• nytimez
                              • Oct 2020

I tried to create second instance again. No affect on the first. However, option changes are not being saved

Comment

• simes_pep
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Dec 2013

No worries, that’s what Beta testing is for!

All looks good again.

many thanks, Simon

Comment

Working...

]]>