title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

General Tags Problem (Bug??)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrk-sc
    • Jun 2024

General Tags Problem (Bug??)

There seems to be a bug with "Artist Sort" and "Album Artist Sort".

I can set "Artist" and "Album Artist" to "AC/DC" without a problem. However, if I set "Artist Sort" or "Album Artist Sort" to "AC/DC" it insists upon changing them to "AC; DC". This occurs in both PerfectTUNES and CD Ripper.

Is this by design (some standard?), or can it be fixed? The way it is now, it sure messes up sorting.

Thanks!
    Jon K
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Which audio format? mp3?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jrk-sc
      • Jun 2024

Ah, interesting question... never occurred to me that it might be encoder-specific! Well, I just double-checked, and AIFF and MP3 exhibit the problem, but FLAC does not. Can't say regarding other encoders--I only encode in those 3 formats.

(I generally avoid MP3--it is only for my car. I use AIFF for Apple apps, and FLAC everywhere else. Encoding in 3 formats simultaneously is one of the things I truly LOVE about dBpoweramp!)
      Last edited by jrk-sc; July 15, 2024, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2021

In ID3 v2.3 (tagging format used by MP3) '/' is a field delimter so you're better off choosing 2.4, although make sure to test it with your players first:
        Code:
        dBpoweramp Control Center > Audio Codecs: List Options > mp3 ID Tagging: ID3v2 Version
        I know nothing about AIFF so I can't help you there.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It (mp3 id3v2) is such a bad standard programs need a list of all known artists with '/' in the name and keep them as one, not two. We will update that code to work on the sort values.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jrk-sc
            • Jun 2024

Does AIFF use the mp3 id3v2 standard, or is another fix required for AIFF?

Thanks!
            Jon K

Comment

• simbun
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by jrk-sc
              Does AIFF use the mp3 id3v2 standard, or is another fix required for AIFF?
              Jon K
              Just to be clear, the "fix" Spoon is taking about is just to make it look like one tag in CD Ripper and PerfectTunes, it'll still be 2 tags as per the spec, and who knows how other applications will treat it e.g. MinimServer will split them into two tags and I'm sure others will too.

Mp3tag uses NUL as the delimiter and foobar2000 uses '[space]/[space]'. v2.3 really is a mess!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

AIFF is id3 also in a chunk
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>