title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mp3 wont play on other divice

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Flac is lossless there is no relationship between level and quality. Level has to do with size. I use level 5 out of habit. The only thing I add during ripping is the utility DSP for replay gain to add track and album replaygain tags.

Comment

• Ian Berrington
      • Jun 2024

Thank you!

Comment

• Ian Berrington
        • Jun 2024

So just a few more questions on FLAC ripping please. I read the dbPoweramp thread on FLAC ripping:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper...%20to%20Naming.

There seem to have been a few changes/updates since then. Firstly as suggested I have used 3 CD's to detect Cache, and the result is that "This device doesn't cache, none will be used" or very similar. Is this an issue as it is now by default set to (None)?

Next question is under secure ripping settings it says "Accurate rip is un-configured" and there does not appear to be an option to Configure (yes there is a disc inserted in the drive). If I click on that message/button nothing happens. Is this normal? Before I go and re-rip 100's of CD's again I'd like to know I've got it right, and those 2 questions are worrying me a bit. Everything else I think is set.

I'm ready to start, just waiting on confirmation of the above. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Ian Berrington
          • Jun 2024

My bad! There wasn't a disc in the drive, and that message disappeared with a disc in. Sorry, so its basically the question on the cache?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

What is cache question. Setting for secure rip. ? Can’t go wrong with 1024 cache size on any drive.

Comment

• Ian Berrington
              • Jun 2024

The car is sorted, same files work on the phone, all done in MP3. I'm making the FLAC rip folder now, but when running the dbPoweramp test on my external device it says there is no cache, on the device and instead of 1024 it defaults to (none).

Comment

• Ian Berrington
                • Jun 2024

Okay, all good! Spent the evening starting the FLAC file, playing back now like a dream! Even with cache defaulted to (none) I am getting faster rips, and more accurate rips than with MP3 format and GREAT sound! Another week's ripping and i'm done. All good!

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

None may be fine. But to be safe you are better to set cache to 1024. Some drives misreport cache. 1024 will handle any possible cache.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Feb 2014

AI can be so generic and meaningless...

Dat Ei

Comment

• GBrown
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                      AI can be so generic and meaningless...
                      I guess AI isn't worried about further sound degradation when recompressing an already compressed format. Nor while it responding to a thread that already has a resolution.

Comment

Working...

]]>