Just got dBpoweramp on a friend's recommendation and have been really impressed, but have just run into a snag.

I converted my CD collection (about 400 CDs, or 4300 files) to WAV, and I'm using dBpoweramp to create a copy I can use on my Apple devices.

Using about 3 albums as a trial, I successfully converted WAV files to 192kbs AAC files, and then converted those to m4a format which iTunes happily read.

With this proof of concept, I then created an AAC copy of my entire WAV file collection overnight (took about 6 hours) - looks to be all good.

The problem I have is with the aac to m4a conversion, as follows:

When I tried to copy the files in one go, the process started but after 150 or so tracks got slower and slower. I figured perhaps I had thrown too much at it, so I cancelled and tried to convert a few albums at a time. Even after restarting the PC, it now takes ages even to examine even track one.

In the conversion window i have "Preserve ID tags" ticked and I'm using the dynamic folder naming: [artist]\[artist] - [title]. The PC is a fairly powerful one. Both the source folder with the WAV files, and the destination folder are on the PC itself, not an external hard drive. There is plenty of space on the hard drive.

The PC is extremely slow (almost frozen up) when I try to run this conversion - even after restarting the PC.

Can anyone help to solve this issue?

Thanks.