title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Show both Accurate and Inaccurate Counts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chillburgh
    • Jun 2007

Show both Accurate and Inaccurate Counts

When ripping a disc, show both the number of AGREED CRC checks and DISPUTED CRC checks.

I seem to have a number of discs with different pressings than those in the database, and it makes sense to have all of the info possible to decide if I have a bad rip or not.

ex:

Accurate (12) / Inaccurate (3)

If every track on the disc has similar numbers then you can feel fairly confident that you have a different pressing, and three other people have the same version.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Show both Accurate and Inaccurate Counts

I was under the impression AR does always show counts, accurate or inaccurate. The only time it doesn't show a number is when it is greyed out, which means the track is not in the AR database.

Do you have a screenshot to show it?

Comment

• chillburgh
      • Jun 2007

I meant at the same time, not one or the other.

If my CRCs match 5 other peoples, but the majority of users (say, 20) have differing CRCs then that doesn't mean that mine are INACCURATE, just of a different pressing.

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by chillburgh
        I meant at the same time, not one or the other.

If my CRCs match 5 other peoples, but the majority of users (say, 20) have differing CRCs then that doesn't mean that mine are INACCURATE, just of a different pressing.
        I think as long as you match *someone* else's rip, you're accurate. So, unless you are the *first* one to accurately rip that different pressing, you'll be Accurate.

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

There could be 20-30 different pressings, showing inaccurate would serve no purpose.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>