title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Alternate album art (re-size and other options)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richthofen
    • Apr 2007

Alternate album art (re-size and other options)

Hopefully this hasn't been covered before.

I would like a way to choose different album art if what gets pulled from allmusic.com is incorrect or I don't like it.

I would like to be able to pull album art from amazon.com.

I would like to be able to change the defaults for the embeded album art as well as the default for the album art saved in folder.jpg.

For example, it would be nice if I could choose 200x200 for embedded and 500x500 for folder.jpg if I wish.

I would like to be able to load album art from file prior to ripping.

Finally, I would like a way to browse albumart to double check that everything was embedded properly. Edit ID Tag should show the album art without having to click [view]. It would be nice to have the embedded album art show in Vista in File Explorer when in small, medium, large icon view.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Alternate album art (re-size and other options)

The size can be changed in the options for AMG, click the arrow beside Meta. However, there is one size used for embedding and the folder.jpg.

Also, you can load album art from a file when ripping a CD, but is a little round-a-bout:
    Put your file, named folder.jpg, into the folder where the CD will be ripped to. Then install the DSP effects from the beta forum and add the "ID Tag Processing" DSP. On Manipulate, check "Import album art from folder.jpg".

Comment

• Richthofen
      • Apr 2007

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• P R Yarbrough
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Richthofen
        Hopefully this hasn't been covered before.

I would like a way to choose different album art if what gets pulled from allmusic.com is incorrect or I don't like it.

I would like to be able to pull album art from amazon.com.

I would like to be able to change the defaults for the embeded album art as well as the default for the album art saved in folder.jpg.

For example, it would be nice if I could choose 200x200 for embedded and 500x500 for folder.jpg if I wish.

I would like to be able to load album art from file prior to ripping.

Finally, I would like a way to browse albumart to double check that everything was embedded properly. Edit ID Tag should show the album art without having to click [view]. It would be nice to have the embedded album art show in Vista in File Explorer when in small, medium, large icon view.
        I know this is not a Vista forum. My Vista Premium 32bit shows album art if it is embedded in the file (any size icon, or classic view). I didn't do anything to get this effect. I use WMA 9.2 Lossless encoding. If you can open ID tag and it shows album art that you can view, it is embedded in the file. I think this is a problem with how your Vista system is set up, so I would look there.

Comment

• buddyy
          • Aug 2007

Hello LtData,

I found your post in this thread about importing album art by way of placing it in the to-be-created folder as folder.jpg then using the "ID Tag Processing" dsp action to 'import album art'.

I'm in the midst of ripping Coldplay's X&Y album and find that the AMG image is somebody's hand-written note on a TDK writable cd. So I scanned my own album cover and followed your instructions. Unfortunately, CDRipper wrote right over the folder.jpg I had put in place with the bad image from AMG. I'm assuming I did something wrong, but have reviewed the instructions carefully and retried several times. I'm now letting it run to completion just to see if it happens to do something at the very end (having not used the dsp functions previously).

Specifics: Using dBpoweramp CD Ripper Reference release 12.2, on a windows xp sp2+ machine.

Assuming I were to get this working, would it then be possible to submit the album art back to AMG as updated metadata (as I do when finding other bogusness in their entries)?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Buddy

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

I forgot to say you need to go into the Options and disable the writing of the folder.jpg and into the "ID Tag" settings, disable album art writing.

I know you can submit meta-data back to AMG, but I don't know if you can submit album art.

Comment

• jn99
              • Aug 2007

I have a similar issue. Basically, I goofed and enabled album art as a meta tag for all my rips into flac. All the while when I did not like the image (as with the X&Y referenced above) I replaced folder.jpg with a version grabbed from amazon or scanned myself, etc. Sadly I kept finding the old version apprearing in my player and only now figured out why.

Is there anyway to quickly and easily fix this? Will I have to go back through and delete the album art tags from all the discs I've ripped so far. I hope not but I fear that may be the case :vmad: What's worse when I looked into doing this, it does not appear to be something that can be done in "batch" mode, i.e. when I select all tracks for an album then go to edit tags, album art does not appear; it only appears when I select to edit a single track at a time and I cannot imagine fixing my album art this way :(
              Last edited by jn99; 08-21-2007, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

jn99: The answer to your question is in the thread you started here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13855

Comment

• EliC
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Hopefully the next version R13 will introduce more metadata sources which will hopefully include more album art resources. I agree, I would like to be able to have a large folder.jpg and smaller embedded art.

Comment

• jjwatmyself
                    • Sep 2007

I have found myself wanting to add the Album art also when the AMG database does not have it. But it's a pain having to fiddel with default settings in order to do this and then change them back again afterwards. In my view a better way to do this is, after ripping, use Mp3tag from www.mp3tag.de.

A) To delete album art, in Mp3tag, open the directory with the files that have incorrect album art. Remember that multiple album art graphics can be stored on a file. Right click and delete the album art for each track. Save between any track change clicks as the changes are lost otherwise.

B) To add album art in Mp3tag open the directory with the files that have missing or the wrong album artselect all tracks and then drag and drop the jpg onto the album art square. Click save and all files weill be updates.

For missing album art use Album Art Aggregator (http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/AAA/). It's a simple GUI that looks at your directory structure and uses the names to query Amazon and retreive album art of your choice. It's a fast way to find missing album art and to drop a folder.jog into every folder. Or you can manually download album covers from Amazon yourself.

C) In Mp3tag you can add folder.jpg to all files in each folder for your entire MP3 collection automatically by doing the following. Open the root directory of you music collection. Click Edit > Select All Files, Click Convert > Actions, Click the New button in the top right, CaAll it "Add Art", Click the New button again and choose 'Import cover from file' fro mthe drop down, for the filename enter fjolder.jpg and check 'delete existing cover art'. Finally click the OK button and watch it go through all files and fix/add the album art for you. I did this on my collection of some X thousand files. A real time saver.

By following this you can have 500 x 500 album art from Amazon on all your music.

Comment

Working...

]]>