title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chacs
    • Oct 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

DISCID=bc0e070e

track 12

a<TTITLE11=°¢»ÔËÇÁËÃ

Comment

• lump1
      • Aug 2006

I just wanted to ask: Will there be a future APE plugin that can tag and convert APL files? This would be very big, important feature for me. As far as I can tell, 12a7 can't yet.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

@lump

That is planned, although we are getting close to the planned release date (early next year).

@Chacs

Your test string was good as it found a bug in my utf8 creator. Which audio format is being used? and which ID Tag?
        Last edited by Spoon; November 16, 2006, 08:41 AM.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chacs
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
          ).
          @Chacs
          Your test string was good as it found a bug in my utf8 creator. Which audio format is being used? and which ID Tag?
          flac

Comment

• BobA
            • Oct 2006

This is something between a feature request, and asking for how to do it if it is already possible (in XP).

I have probably hundreds of folders with primarily audio files, for which I would like the listview in report view to display the same columns (provided by you, Spoon). Right now I have all folders on the computer set to show those, but obviously they do not apply to all folders. Is there (or could there be) an easy way to make a folder set to a preset column config? Or another (possibly better) thing would be to define it for a folder and all subfolders.

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

• heavensblade23
              • Oct 2006

Can we get an option to be asked every time to designate a save directory? I keep accidently saving subsequent discs in the directory for the first disc I ripped.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Did you not set it up so it was /base folder/artist/album or whatever you wanted? Or did you manually type the folder for each album?

Comment

• heavensblade23
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                  Did you not set it up so it was /base folder/artist/album or whatever you wanted? Or did you manually type the folder for each album?
                  It's a long story, but I can't do that. Just having an option to prompt me for the directory is best.

Also, my tags are getting truncated if they're over a certain character limit. I assume this is because the tags are being saved in an earlier id3 format.

Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to cancel a rip in progress other than closing the program.
                  Last edited by heavensblade23; November 19, 2006, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

ID3v1 has a 30-character limit on many fields. Try setting the mp3 tagging to "ID3v1&ID3v2".

As Spoon said elsewhere in this thread, clicking the Rip button again cancels the ripping.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

The new R12 Alpha 8 has a tool bar with Skip and Cancel.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• heavensblade23
                        • Oct 2006

The R12 alphas seem to have some pretty major problems detecting cache. It's very hit or miss...on a drive that EAC detects as caching, R12 detected the caching feature maybe 1/5 tries. It would sometimes detect the cache and then if I immediately tried again it would fail to find it.

Comment

• chacs
                          • Oct 2006

does the alpha8 address the id tag truncation issue?
                          if it does, it is still happening, I realize the Album tag is also having problem now.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Anything else on the system will upset the cache detection, such as an audio player playing - it is that critical on timing (eacs method is not very good it is a simple yes or no, it does not detect the size).

alpha 8 should fix any tagging issues, enable debug mode (in configuration) and rip that one track and post the debug log.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gaillard
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Aug 2006

Hey spoon,

Alpha8 looks wonderful.

I am going to stick my request here if you don't mind =)

The option for level 1, 2 and 3 for the -x option in wavpack encoder

OR

Not having to put -y (yes to all warnings...) in the CLI encoder when using wavpack.

Thanks!

Your the best!
                              Oh and I forgot to mention, with the new ripping & encoding simultaneously this must be the fastest thing around, quite impressive.
                              Last edited by gaillard; November 21, 2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• chacs
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                                alpha 8 should fix any tagging issues, enable debug mode (in configuration) and rip that one track and post the debug log.
                                My bad, I only upgraded dmc, everything seems fine after I upgraded the plug-ins as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>