title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

>Is the code different for the Batch Ripper?

As brendon said, CD ripper can use the Auto Insert Notification, by default batch ripper turns off this, to stop those Sony CDs taking over your system with root kits...

We constantly poll the drive using calll 0x4a (get mediastatus), this is not supported in theolder plextors.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      >Is the code different for the Batch Ripper?

As brendon said, CD ripper can use the Auto Insert Notification, by default batch ripper turns off this, to stop those Sony CDs taking over your system with root kits...

We constantly poll the drive using calll 0x4a (get mediastatus), this is not supported in theolder plextors.
      Hmm...I wonder if they are new enough to support the tray status bit in Mechanism Status (0xBD) and/or the disc type byte in Get Configuration (0x46)? Or if there's a useful way to poll using Read Disc Information (0x51)?

-brendan

Comment

• Spies
        • Aug 2006

I'm confused then. I have the "Prevent auto-run on all CD drives" enabled in CD Ripper and it senses disc changes just fine and I seem to remember toggling this option on and off in the Batch Ripper settings to no avail.

Is this different from the standard ripper then?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

>Is this different from the standard ripper then?

Actually the prevent auto run will not work on the very old plextors, it needs a modern MMC call, so you are still getting the auto-run (easy test, open explorer with no cd in drive, keep on my computer. Start CD Ripper, put cd in drive, look at explorer and press f5, if it shows the cd drive changes to 'audio cd' then preventing auto run is not working).

None of the calls mentioned by breandon are handled by the px-40.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spies
            • Aug 2006

Spoon you were right, I made a mistake. :( In trying to get these drives to work with Batch Ripper I must have inadvertently turned off "Prevent auto-run on all CD drives" in CD Ripper. With that option on in CD Ripper I need to click the Retry button to load a new disc. With that option off CD Ripper does detect a new disc as well as Windows just as you expected. Turning that option off in the Batch Ripper Configuration did not allow Batch Ripper to sense a new disc however.

So I guess I am requesting that Batch Ripper have the ability to sense a new disc using auto-run like CD Ripper can even though I know it puts my system at risk of root kits. Another option, however not very practical, would be to have a Retry button available in Batch Ripper like CD Ripper.

Comment

• bhoar
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Sep 2006

Spoon -

106x? That's nothing, I hit 108x a couple days ago!

(on a thinkpad t60p...in burst mode of course...wait till the quad core arrives)

-brendan

Comment

• bhoar
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2006

A configuration convenience request:

Instead of five fields:
                Code:
                Pre-Batch
                Load
                Unload
                Reject
                Post-Batch
                How about six fields:
                Code:
                *All*
                Pre-Batch
                Load
                Unload
                Reject
                Post-Batch
                Reason: I get tired of manually changing the --comport= and --comspeed= options thirty times for six drives. Six times is more manageable.

If you do this, there should also be an All subdir in each loader directory (to allow the driver to set the default CLI parameters).

-brendan

Comment

• EliC
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Bug: When editing a drive and setting to Unconfigured, the configure button does not re-appear next to the drive in the list of unconfigured drives.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Click the line again and it re-appears, it is a known refresh issue.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Paul_B
                      • Jul 2006

Slight annoyance with the Batch process. If you set-off a Rip of severval hundred songs and then set the action on completion, i.e. shut-down. If you then cancel the rip (in my case returning to the laptop to dial into work) it is annoying that the batch programme then shutdowns the machine or any other action you selected on completion.

Would it be possible that if the batch programme is cancelled interactively the action is ignored? Or a message is displayed?

Paul

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

How did you set it to shutdown? Batch Ripper >> Profile Edit then set in profile?
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Paul_B
                          • Jul 2006

My mistake it was the batch convertor not the batch ripper

Comment

• jgs2n
                            • Nov 2006

I am using R13 and just tried batch ripper tonight. When I load a cd, cd ripper opens but I have to hit rip. Is there a way for the ripping to start automatically? Also, in the batch ripper dialog, nothing is updated until I close the cd ripper. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Install the R13 music converter alpha, batch ripper cannot work with R12.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jgs2n
                                • Nov 2006

I thought that I had but apparently not. I reinstalled and everything is working great. Just one more question. Is there a way to write log file to final destination of music files when using multiencoder? Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>