title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MusicTrax
    • Feb 2007

Re: dBpoweramp Batch Ripper: Discussions

Originally posted by Jon Crew
    Quick update...DVR-111 - BAD...
    DVR-109 - BAD... DVR-106 - GOOD
    Jon, is the DVR-112 any better? Or would I be better off with something like the Plextor PX-800A?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Just crated Alpha 6, this fixes:

Minicubis (and varieties) Pioneer DVR-111D usb unmounting fixed
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
        Just crated Alpha 6, this fixes:

Minicubis (and varieties) Pioneer DVR-111D usb unmounting fixed
        Spoon - I'm very curious about the cause of this error. Can you explain more about what was happening and how you fixed it?

-brendan

Comment

• capsmet
          • Nov 2007

Hello all,

I just purchased the full version of dBpoweramp yesterday. I'm using it with a DiscMakers Pico (Digital Baxter) drive and am having a terrible time getting it to work in a handsoff manner.

I saw that some other people had similar issues, but I have not been able to find a remedy.

I ran the configuration for Batch Ripper and PowerAmp.

When Batch ripper runs, I click RIP. This brings up dBpoweramp CD Ripper, but at this point I have to click RIP.

After the songs have been successfully ripped, the drive ejects the disc, but the Batch Program just sits in the background counting (not having realized that the disc has been ejected, or anything has happened).

A dialog box comes up on the screen saying to "insert audio CD into: J: {_NED -DVD_RW ND-3550A ] with a "retry" button.

If I manually close the CD Ripper application, then the Batch Ripper realizes the ripping process ended, and properly deposits the ripped disc in the post-processed stack and loads another one.

Unfortunately I have been unable to get this to run in an automated fashion.

If anyone can offer some help/advice I would be most grateful.

Best,

Caps

Comment

• capsmet
            • Nov 2007

OK.. It appears that version R13 has solved some of these issues.

I like the interface on R13 a lot better. Am I to assume that it follows the profile for ripping that you pick within batch ripper?

Caps

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

The same profiles are used in Batch Ripper and CD Ripper.

-------

RE: Pioneer USB dismounting: we had a timeout in the scsi call of 5 seconds, when doing an eject it was taking more than 5 sconds, the call failed and the drive reset its self. Not easy to find.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jon Crew
                • Oct 2007

After the USB dismounting Fix in the latest Alpha - Pioneer DVR-112D now works just fine !

Comment

• bhoar
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Sep 2006

1. Context: auto-reject of CD-R/CD-RW

Nothing preventing it, we do not have the code to query disc type in any of the communication methods.
                  It's a pretty simple call (Get Configuration - CDB 0x46). In my loader code, I use the call on every drive close to have the drive tell me if it recognizes the disc type inserted (this was coded before you added the --rejectifnodisc flag) - and I just look at one byte of the returned data to see if the disc type is recognized. I used this post as a reference:

2. Control of Reject spindle behavior...

Regarding rejects, commercial houses sometimes like to run unattended out of office hours, so for those they need to not use the reject spindle, but one of the loading spindles.

Currently you can reject an inaccurate track, it is set in CD Ripper >> Secure, mark the track as an error if insecure.
                  Ah, I keep having the hardest time trying to remember where that is set. Hmm, no I have that unset...and I still get rejects...maybe that's when I cancel a disc manually via right-click?

So...I'm looking forward to a session-controlled checkbox in the batch ripper to control whether reject is ever used...I think I'll want to avoid the reject pile as much as possible.

3. On another topic, Notes:

The logging information is closer to what I think is good output, but I still have some changes to recommend:

Code:
                  11/5/2007  08:19:57  dBpoweramp Batch Ripper
                  Batch Name: 
                  Batch ID: 50112
                  Using Profile: No Codec (testing reading only)
                  Batch Rip Started: 11/5/2007 20:19:57

11/5/2007  08:19:57  Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\__Mediatechnics Fusion or Kintronics Big Ripper (with shake, one drive bank)\Pre-Batch\Pre-Batch.exe" --comport=COM4 --comspeed=9600 --drive="H" --rejectsreset --close --command=V::2:2 --command=C:X:::E --command=F:X:::E --bindtodrive --sleep=1  --logfile="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB145A.tmp"  --passerrorsback="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB145C.tmp"
                  11/5/2007  08:19:57  Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\__Mediatechnics Fusion or Kintronics Big Ripper (with shake, one drive bank)\Pre-Batch\Pre-Batch.exe" --comport=COM4 --comspeed=9600 --drive="G" --rejectsreset --close --command=V::2:2 --command=C:X:::E --command=F:X:::E --bindtodrive --sleep=1  --logfile="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB145B.tmp"  --passerrorsback="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB145D.tmp"
                  11/5/2007  08:19:57  Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\__Mediatechnics Fusion or Kintronics Big Ripper (with shake, one drive bank)\Pre-Batch\Pre-Batch.exe" --comport=COM4 --comspeed=9600 --drive="E" --rejectsreset --close --command=V::2:2 --command=C:X:::E --command=F:X:::E --bindtodrive --sleep=1  --logfile="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB1459.tmp"  --passerrorsback="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB145F.tmp"
                  11/5/2007  08:19:57  Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\__Mediatechnics Fusion or Kintronics Big Ripper (with shake, one drive bank)\Pre-Batch\Pre-Batch.exe" --comport=COM4 --comspeed=9600 --drive="F" --rejectsreset --close --command=V::2:2 --command=C:X:::E --command=F:X:::E --bindtodrive --sleep=1  --logfile="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB1458.tmp"  --passerrorsback="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB145E.tmp"
                  11/5/2007  08:19:57  [PID: 5692]
                  11/5/2007  08:19:57  [PID: 8024]
                  11/5/2007  08:19:57  [PID: 4348]
                  11/5/2007  08:19:57  [PID: 6672]
                  11/5/2007  08:20:48  [PID: 4348] V"Mediatechnics" "FUSION-MX" "X2.1d"CXFX
                  11/5/2007  08:20:48  Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\__Mediatechnics Fusion or Kintronics Big Ripper (with shake, one drive bank)\Load\Load.exe" --comport=COM4 --comspeed=9600 --rejectsmax=10 --drive="E" --open --command=C:X:::E --command=j:X:::E --close --ondiscnotreadyskip=3 --unbindtodrive --sleep=1 --exit --rejectsmax=10 --rejectsiterate --open --command=G:X:::E --close --command=R:X:::E  --logfile="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB1464.tmp"  --passerrorsback="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB1465.tmp"
                  11/5/2007  08:20:48  [PID: 4232]
                  11/5/2007  08:21:15  [PID: 4232] CXjXChecking drive status...
                  Not skipping 3 commands...

11/5/2007  08:21:17  [PID: 5692] V"Mediatechnics" "FUSION-MX" "X2.1d"CXFXWaiting for lockfile for drive bank (1) to clear for drive: H:
                  Waiting for lockfile for drive bank (1) to clear for drive: H:
                  Waiting for lockfile for drive bank (1) to clear for drive: H:
                  - It's not clear which PID belongs to which CLI invocation.

- In the batch ripper notes window, a left/right scrollbar might be helpful.

-brendan
                  Last edited by bhoar; 11-06-2007, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Spies
                    • Aug 2006

Does the Batch Ripper work with SCSI Pass Through(D8)? I can't seem to get it to work with my two Plextor PX-32TS drives that require the D8 mode to function. They work fine in CD Ripper but the batch ripper just stares at me after I start a batch and insert a disc. Any Ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Batch Ripper should work as CD Ripper was configured to, so yes.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spies
                        • Aug 2006

Well I tried turning on debugging and I did not notice anything in the log. It seems the batch ripper does not sense that the disc is inserted. Anything else I can try?

Comment

• bhoar
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spies
                          Does the Batch Ripper work with SCSI Pass Through(D8)? I can't seem to get it to work with my two Plextor PX-32TS drives that require the D8 mode to function. They work fine in CD Ripper but the batch ripper just stares at me after I start a batch and insert a disc. Any Ideas?
                          Did you actually click the Rip button? The first screen is the job setup screen, you have to click Rip to go into the mode where it starts opening/closing the tray and looking for the disc...

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

It could be our code to find if a CD is in the drive is not compatible with old non-mmc drives.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Sep 2006

It could be our code to find if a CD is in the drive is not compatible with old non-mmc drives.
                              I suppose one could fall back to enabling windows autoinsert notification. Ugh. :(

-brendan

Comment

• Spies
                                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by bhoar
                                Did you actually click the Rip button? The first screen is the job setup screen, you have to click Rip to go into the mode where it starts opening/closing the tray and looking for the disc...
                                Thanks for the suggestion Brendan, yes I did click the Rip button In fact I have used the Batch Ripper on another system with fantastic results. It just does not seem to work with these drives.

That would be unfortunate, but I find it odd that the stand alone Ripper does detect CD changes. Is the code different for the Batch Ripper?

Originally posted by bhoar
                                I suppose one could fall back to enabling windows autoinsert notification. Ugh.
                                If that would make it work with these drives I think it would be better then nothing.

Comment

Working...

]]>