title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Remove Album Art Tag and gain space back

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jblue
    • Mar 2010

Remove Album Art Tag and gain space back

I have an unusual issue. I have a standalone CD player, which you can put WMAs on a data CD, which works great.

But unfortunately when updating the Album Art in Windows Media some of the WMA files now have the Album embedded in them. And if you have one which is embedded the CD player stay not supported.

I have tried using both WMP 11 to remove the Picture and DBPowerAmp Edit ID Tag to remove the Tag, which they do, but I can see it only empties the Tag Field, because the size does not change and therefore it CD Player still does not support it.

The only why I have found to get around this is to delete the tag, and then re-convert it.

I presume there must be a better way then this, that will remove the tag and gain back the space, therefore the standalone CD player never knows there was ever Album Art in it?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Remove Album Art Tag and gain space back

Try the Update ID Tag utility codec and remove the album art on the option in there.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jblue
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try the Update ID Tag utility codec and remove the album art on the option in there.
      Thanks for that, but i cannot see that option. I have gone into dBPowerAmp Configuration, Codecs Tabs, [ID Tag Options] Release 2.1 and then Advanced Options and can see an album art option and remove button?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Download here:

Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jblue
          • Mar 2010

Thank for the links, this is what I installed yesterday. But cannot see the options "dBPowerAmp Configuration, Codecs Tabs, [ID Tag Options] Release 2.1 and then Advanced Options and can see an album art option and remove button?"

I have included the following picture, so you know if I am in the right place?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Select the flac files >> Convert To >> [ID Tag Update] and set the option to remove Album Art.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jblue
              • Mar 2010

Select the flac files >> Convert To >> [ID Tag Update] and set the option to remove Album Art.
              Thank you I found the setting, see the image and it does delete the album art from the WMA, unfortunately it does not regain the space, therefore I presume the field is still there but empty, therefore the Panasonic standalone still see it as unsupported.

If I convert the file to the same WMA quality, it does resize, because there is no album art and that one works a treat.

Because it looks like i will have to remove all the album art and then convert them again, does that mean I could sound quality, even thought I doing them at the same settings?

Thank you.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

There will be a slight loss of sound quality when converting lossy to lossy.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jblue
                  • Mar 2010

There will be a slight loss of sound quality when converting lossy to lossy.

Looking at other forums and google, people seem to have issues with embedded album art and different standalone players. Luckily i found a utility to remove the album art and gain back the space within the file, which mean they work perfectly.

If you get anyone with a similar issue the product is called TagScanner.

If you have a WishList for updates, I think it would be a good function, because it cured my issue and as discussed embedded album art does seem to create lots of issues.

Thank you for all your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>