title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows 10 - rips going to Music folder, can't change storage location.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

After changing the location, click edit again, if it is back to Music, then you have something one the system which is blocking CD Ripper from writing to the registry
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Computer Audio
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      After changing the location, click edit again, if it is back to Music, then you have something one the system which is blocking CD Ripper from writing to the registry
      Thank you Spoon.

Just to be clear, the path in CDRipper always displays what ever I change it to as shown in post #15. But the ripped files always go to the Music Folder.

If I click edit again it just opens the window back to the same location that is being displayed. (It does not go back to the Music folder)

Can you tell me where in the registry I need to look? I am using Windows 10 Pro.
      I am comfortable editing the registry and it's quite possible I may have messed something up...
      Last edited by Computer Audio; July 12, 2024, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C DRipper\Profiles\(default)

OutToPath
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Computer Audio
          • Mar 2013

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C DRipper\Profiles\(default)

OutToPath
          Very strange...

Registry shows M:\ Drive, but the music is still going to the Windows Music Drive....

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	55
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	326276

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Consider something is stopping the profile from being used, create a new profile, and change the encoder in CD Ripper to mp3, does it write mp3 files?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Computer Audio
              • Mar 2013

Consider something is stopping the profile from being used, create a new profile, and change the encoder in CD Ripper to mp3, does it write mp3 files?
              Nope. I made a new profile and chnaged the rip to MP3 and it still went into the WIndows Music Drive.

Comment

• GBrown
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Computer Audio

Nope. I made a new profile and chnaged the rip to MP3 and it still went into the WIndows Music Drive.
                Is WMP or other player active on your system and monitoring the rip folder? Make sure nothing is literally moving it to the Music folder after it gets ripped where you want it first.

Open the preferred destination folder and start a rip. Watch to see if the files starts in that folder then disappears.

Comment

• Computer Audio
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by GBrown
                  Is WMP or other player active on your system and monitoring the rip folder? Make sure nothing is literally moving it to the Music folder after it gets ripped where you want it first.

Open the preferred destination folder and start a rip. Watch to see if the files starts in that folder then disappears.
                  The only other software on the system is Roon Server (Version 2, build 1432). I have disabled the Windows Music Folder in the Roon Remote setup and I do not use it. All music is stored on a seperate SSD where I want the ripped files to be stored.

I did a rip and watched my preferred desitination folder and I did not see anything... It looks like the rip is going directly to the Windows Music Folder.

Comment

• Computer Audio
                    • Mar 2013

I can't figure out what is going on here so I have written a batch script that I think/hope I can get CDRipper to run after each rip using the DSP Effect Run External

This command copies everything from the Music Folder to my prefered location:

xcopy C:\Users\Scott\Music M:\ /E /Y

And this then deletes everything in the Music Folder:

del /S C:\Users\Scott\Music\* /S /Q

I'll use that until I or someone can figure out what the real issue is.

If anyone has any other sugestions please let me know.

Thanks for your help Spoon & GBrown!

Comment

Working...

]]>