title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting rm in GUI works but scripting fails

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • henrik

• Mar 2005

Converting rm in GUI works but scripting fails

I have a Real Audio file (.rm) that I downloaded from
    rtsp://a1629.v1854c.c1854.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/1629/1854/v001/www.wbez.org/ta/274.rm

I can convert the file to mp3 using the GUI. However, if I try to use scripting, it fails with the following message:
    "Support for the audio type '.rm' might be obtained at 'Codec Central'" etc.

I can successfully converted other .rm files by scripting dBpowerAmp Music Converter, but this one fails when scripting.

I have tried several different MP3 settings in the scripting procedure (mono/stereo, different bit rates and frequencies) but nothing works.

Any suggestions?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Converting rm in GUI works but scripting fails

Originally posted by henrik
    I have a Real Audio file (.rm) that I downloaded from
    rtsp://a1629.v1854c.c1854.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/1629/1854/v001/www.wbez.org/ta/274.rm

I can convert the file to mp3 using the GUI. However, if I try to use scripting, it fails with the following message:
    "Support for the audio type '.rm' might be obtained at 'Codec Central'" etc.

I can successfully converted other .rm files by scripting dBpowerAmp Music Converter, but this one fails when scripting.

I have tried several different MP3 settings in the scripting procedure (mono/stereo, different bit rates and frequencies) but nothing works.

Any suggestions?
    That file is being streamed from a streaming server. That may be the problem.

Comment

• henrik

• Mar 2005

Hi ChristinaS,

Thanks for your answer. The file is not being streamed; I downloaded it to my hard drive (using NetTransport).

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by henrik
        Hi ChristinaS,

Thanks for your answer. The file is not being streamed; I downloaded it to my hard drive (using NetTransport).
        Oops, sorry, the way you gave the link to it, I focuses on the link that indicated a astremaing server and I didn't read the comment above it LOL!

Then maybe it's a case of needing the DirectShow codec rather than the regular Real Media codec.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
          Then maybe it's a case of needing the DirectShow codec rather than the regular Real Media codec.
          You also need the RealMedia DirectShow Decoder installed via RealAlternative.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by LtData
            You also need the RealMedia DirectShow Decoder installed via RealAlternative.
            LOL! I meant to go back and find the rest of the info and add it to the post but got sidetracked :o

Comment

• henrik

• Mar 2005

Thanks for you replies.

I downloaded and installed DirectShow codec (beta) from

but nothing changed.

LtData, I have a clarification question on your comment "RealMedia DirectShow Decoder installed via RealAlternative". As I understand this, I should download Real Alternative from

and install it. The problem is, it suggests that I uninstall RealPlayer. Should I do that? Can I perhaps install only the DirectShow Decoder?

Finally, I reiterate that the conversion goes fine in the GUI. So I am a bit surprised that I need a special installation when I want to use scripting, but then again I am not any expert on this.

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Well, you can try it without uninstalling RealPlayer, but it may behave erratically. I wouldn't know, I haven't had RealPlayer installed for ages.

As for the scripting question, that is odd, but the Real codec has always been weird.

Comment

• henrik

• Mar 2005

I have done the following:
                  - Downloaded and installed Real Alternative (and uninstalled Real Player in the process)
                  - Uninstalled the dBpowerAMP Real Audio codec using the Control Panel - Add/Remove software
                  - Added ".rm" and ".ra" to the text file in Start - Programs - dBPowerAmp Music Converter - Configure DirectShow Decoder
                  - Re-run "dMC Configuration"

At this point, the GUI conversion works (and it even works far faster than before with the progress bar working). But Scripting still fails with the same error as before.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

You might have 2 dbpoweramps installed to different locations?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• henrik

• Mar 2005

The error was my mistake. In the filename that I sent to dBpowerAMP's scripting interface, a space creeped in at the end, so the filename was "274.rm " but not "274.rm".

This caused the error. Now everything works fine. Thanks to everyone that tried to help; I apologize for the inconvenience.

(But I am enjoying the faster conversion due to RealAlternative.)

Comment

Working...

]]>