title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Won't show . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Won't show . . . . .

DAP will not show the name of the MP3, Album, or even the artist. Also, it won't show visuals. What can I do? I also uninstalled (including deleting the folder) and reinstalled.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: Won't show . . . . .

First check to make sure the information is present in the file's id tag. Next, what skin are you using? Is this a problem with just one skin or multiple skins? If you call up the tray control for dAP (on the lower right hand side of your desktop), is the information missing there as well? Has the track(s) in question been added to your My Music Collection? Is this only a recent problem? Did the track(s) in question used to display this information? Is this only a problem with mp3 files (and not with other formats)?

If the issue is only with mp3 files, check your file associations for mp3.
    If you are using the r11 (beta) version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter, make sure you are also using the r3 (beta) version of dAP (dBpowerAMP Audio Player).
    If nothing else works, try Spoon's routine for re-setting dAP to "factory specifications" here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=403 (from the RAQ for dAP section of the Forum).

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

The information is in ID Tags. And it is happening with all formats. And I forgot to mention the KHz and Kbps. I tried that file in the other link and still having the same problem.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

When did this start?
        Does dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) work ok?
        Are you still using dMC release 10.1 and dAP release 2?
        What skin do you have selected for dAP (if you are unsure of this, select the Options Menu from the main skin, select Skins and the skin you are using will be checked)?

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

After I installed the Betas for both. I uninstalled both of the betas and downloaded DMC 10.1 and DAP 2 and then installed them. DMC is the program I used to rip the MP3s from the CDs. My Music Collection can read the tags. The skin says "Default" with no others installed. DAP does play the songs just fine, just won't display the info.
          Last edited by jerry_setty; November 24, 2004, 06:24 AM. Reason: Want to add some more information.

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

When you are doing this installing and uninstalling were you logged in with administrative priviledges?

The problem started when you installed the betas? No tags (showing in dAP) with the betas and now no tags with the standard versions?
            Please check a few of your tags and see whether they are Id3v1 or Id3v2 tags (or a mix). Then check your dMC Configuration (Start > All Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > Configuration > dMC Configuration). Click on the tag options. Look at the
            settings for mp3. If it appears that your current tag configuration does not support you tag format, you might try changing your tag configurations to see if that helps (the Tag Options window will offer menu options, where they exist for each setting).

Spoon's routine for resetting your dAP settings at one point prompts you to restart the computer although it will go on to complete the reinstallation. If you did not restart the computer either in the middle of this process or right at the very end, try running the reset routine again but stop the reinstallation of dAP, restart your computer and then reinstall dAP.

If that still does not work, my recommendation would be to uninstall dMC and dAP, delete their registry entries (ask for instructions if you need them), RESTART your computer and reinstall both dMC and dAP (either the standard versions or the betas).

Please let us know how you make out.
            Good luck and best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by xoas
              When you are doing this installing and uninstalling were you logged in with administrative priviledges?

The problem started when you installed the betas? No tags (showing in dAP) with the betas and now no tags with the standard versions?
              Please check a few of your tags and see whether they are Id3v1 or Id3v2 tags (or a mix). Then check your dMC Configuration (Start > All Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > Configuration > dMC Configuration). Click on the tag options. Look at the
              settings for mp3. If it appears that your current tag configuration does not support you tag format, you might try changing your tag configurations to see if that helps (the Tag Options window will offer menu options, where they exist for each setting).

Spoon's routine for resetting your dAP settings at one point prompts you to restart the computer although it will go on to complete the reinstallation. If you did not restart the computer either in the middle of this process or right at the very end, try running the reset routine again but stop the reinstallation of dAP, restart your computer and then reinstall dAP.

If that still does not work, my recommendation would be to uninstall dMC and dAP, delete their registry entries (ask for instructions if you need them), RESTART your computer and reinstall both dMC and dAP (either the standard versions or the betas).

Please let us know how you make out.
              Good luck and best wishes,
              Bill Mikkelsen
              Yes I have administrative priviledges, when the computer boots up it automatically log in to my account. Since I am the only person using this computer at home. I figured out that the text is all in green, found out using the mini-bar and the mini-bar displaying the green text over grey. With DAP it self the windows that display the information is the same color green. And no my computer did not reboot or even reinstall DAP.

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Now I can't even get any info from FreeDB. I tired all the servers for FreeDB and I don't have a router or a firewall.
                Last edited by jerry_setty; November 29, 2004, 05:39 AM. Reason: To Add Information.

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

So now you have two problems-the Freedb problem and your display track information problem?

With respect to Freedb, some users have occasionally reported temporary problems accessing Freedb. While you can always try each of the different Freedb servers, generally you will be best off using the random freedb server (which is the default).
                  But is your problem with accessing Freedb or what is the issue with not being able to get information? If, for example, Audio CD Input does not show the correct number of tracks when you insert a cd, that would indicate a problem outside of Freedb. So, could you tell us a bit more about your problem-what you are doing and what is not happening?

As for the display problem with dAP, what screen resolution are you using for your display. If your resolution is 1280 or above, does this problem improve if you switch to a lower display resolution? If it does, then you might want to consider some of the skins which work better for higher resolution screens.

You might want to consider whether your other display settings might be off (brightness, contrast, or color settings), if you are using a smaller screen resolution.

You might also want to upgrade to dMC r11, although this may not be relevent to either problem it certainly should not hurt.

Best wishes,
                  Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Windows XP SP2 has a firewall built in.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Will the tags show up in another media player, such as Winamp or the like?

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                        Windows XP SP2 has a firewall built in.
                        I don't even have SP2 installed.

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by xoas
                          So now you have two problems-the Freedb problem and your display track information problem?

With respect to Freedb, some users have occasionally reported temporary problems accessing Freedb. While you can always try each of the different Freedb servers, generally you will be best off using the random freedb server (which is the default).
                          But is your problem with accessing Freedb or what is the issue with not being able to get information? If, for example, Audio CD Input does not show the correct number of tracks when you insert a cd, that would indicate a problem outside of Freedb. So, could you tell us a bit more about your problem-what you are doing and what is not happening?

As for the display problem with dAP, what screen resolution are you using for your display. If your resolution is 1280 or above, does this problem improve if you switch to a lower display resolution? If it does, then you might want to consider some of the skins which work better for higher resolution screens.

You might want to consider whether your other display settings might be off (brightness, contrast, or color settings), if you are using a smaller screen resolution.

You might also want to upgrade to dMC r11, although this may not be relevent to either problem it certainly should not hurt.

Best wishes,
                          Bill Mikkelsen
                          No matter what resoulation I use it still won't work. And the Tags will show up in other media players. The DMC Audio CD Input will show the correct number of tracks, just can't get the info from FreeDB. It says connecting but then says can not recieve information and to make sure it's not a custom CD (which it is not). And I have tried to download DMC r11 but I keep getting can not connect to server where as I have no problem with anything from the rest of site even downloading Codec, etc.
                          Last edited by jerry_setty; November 30, 2004, 05:54 AM. Reason: Add more information.

Comment

• xoas
                            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

So you are getting hooked up to Freedb, it just is not giving you the track information you want?
                            dMC proper downloads (I am pretty sure) from a separate site from the codecs and other programs available here.
                            I do wonder about whether there is some feature in your system that might be interfering with your ability to sharing information. There is a troubleshooter in XP that you might want to use to make sure your system is not at fault.

What is your normal operating screen resolution? Do I understand that you do get track information but it is not legible (which is how I understand your post #7)?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Sorry didn't realize that it was dAP - it will not read freedb for audio cds, but Audio CD input will - after the disc has been shown once to cd input it will be remembered.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>