title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Won't show . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Re: Won't show . . . . .

Originally posted by xoas
    So you are getting hooked up to Freedb, it just is not giving you the track information you want?
    dMC proper downloads (I am pretty sure) from a separate site from the codecs and other programs available here.
    I do wonder about whether there is some feature in your system that might be interfering with your ability to sharing information. There is a troubleshooter in XP that you might want to use to make sure your system is not at fault.

What is your normal operating screen resolution? Do I understand that you do get track information but it is not legible (which is how I understand your post #7)?
    Resolution is 1024X768 pixels.

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
      Sorry didn't realize that it was dAP - it will not read freedb for audio cds, but Audio CD input will - after the disc has been shown once to cd input it will be remembered.
      Audio CD Input will not get information from FreeDB, I know that DAP gets its info from the tags.

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

So you are getting hooked up to Freedb, it just is not giving you the track information you want?
        dMC proper downloads (I am pretty sure) from a separate site from the codecs and other programs available here.
        I do wonder about whether there is some feature in your system that might be interfering with your ability to sharing information. There is a troubleshooter in XP that you might want to use to make sure your system is not at fault.

What is your normal operating screen resolution? Do I understand that you do get track information but it is not legible (which is how I understand your post #7)?
        I am getting no information from FreeDB so I can't add the information to the CD on my computer unless I type it in myself.

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

BTW I did ending up download DMC r11.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by jerry_setty
            I am getting no information from FreeDB so I can't add the information to the CD on my computer unless I type it in myself.
            Check the hosts file for blocked web sites, It's possible the freedb site may just be on the blocked list. Also if you're using some anti spyware or firewall programs they may be blocking some sites.

You hosts file should be in c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc and you can edit it with Notepad.

If you use Spybot there's a file called hosts.sbs that serves the same purpose. Firewall programs may have other hosts files or similar.

Finally make sure you've configured the access to freedb properly, according to your type of internet connection - in dMC Audio CD Input when you click on the right arrow next to the Freedb button. You may need to experiment a bit to find the right settings.

The ones that work for me, on a DSL connection, no special firewall, are as in the attached image.

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
              Check the hosts file for blocked web sites, It's possible the freedb site may just be on the blocked list. Also if you're using some anti spyware or firewall programs they may be blocking some sites.

You hosts file should be in c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc and you can edit it with Notepad.

If you use Spybot there's a file called hosts.sbs that serves the same purpose. Firewall programs may have other hosts files or similar.

Finally make sure you've configured the access to freedb properly, according to your type of internet connection - in dMC Audio CD Input when you click on the right arrow next to the Freedb button. You may need to experiment a bit to find the right settings.

The ones that work for me, on a DSL connection, no special firewall, are as in the attached image.
              I don't have a winnt folder. Also I use Windows XP Home Edition SP 1. And the pic shows exactly like what is setup.
              Last edited by jerry_setty; December 01, 2004, 01:31 AM. Reason: Add more information.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

I don't have a winnt folder. Also I use Windows XP Home Edition SP 1. And the pic shows exactly like what is setup.
                In Win XP the hosts file is in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc .

That configuration for Freedb access works for me, you will have to experiment with different settings until you hit one that works.

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Back to the track display:
                  Do I understand that when you play a track in dAP with the default skin at 1024 by 768 screen resolution, you do not get legible track information or visualisations, that these seem to be there but displayed in green text over gray which you are not able to read. This is true of the visualizations and tracks regardless of whether you are playing a cd or playing tracks already on your computer.

Please correct any of the above statements which are in error.
                  Also, what size is your monitor? Do you have a video card? Can you go Control Panel > Display > Settings and tell me what your Color Quality setting is?

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Back to the track display:
                    Do I understand that when you play a track in dAP with the default skin at 1024 by 768 screen resolution, you do not get legible track information or visualisations, that these seem to be there but displayed in green text over gray which you are not able to read. This is true of the visualizations and tracks regardless of whether you are playing a cd or playing tracks already on your computer.

Please correct any of the above statements which are in error.
                    Also, what size is your monitor? Do you have a video card? Can you go Control Panel > Display > Settings and tell me what your Color Quality setting is?
                    I have a NVIDIA Video Card and I have a 17 inch moniter. And the color quality is Highest (32 bit), its always been like that since I got the computer a year ago but the problem started 3 months ago. And its green text over green. But if I use the mini-control it's a bar thats grey and it also has green text.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

I have a NVIDIA Video Card and I have a 17 inch moniter. And the color quality is Highest (32 bit), its always been like that since I got the computer a year ago but the problem started 3 months ago. And its green text over green. But if I use the mini-control it's a bar thats grey and it also has green text.
                      Did you try a different skin?

Comment

• xoas
                        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

But if I use the mini-control it's a bar thats grey and it also has green text.
                        That part seems to be is as it should be. My text on this skin has kind of greenish edges and a black or dark center.

Unless you want to try fiddling with brightness, contrast or color settings, and having already tried reinstalling your version of dAP, I would agree that probably your best step would be to try some other skins. The skins are available at this site here:

As for those other settings, I don't think its an issue of broghtness and/or contrast alone and I will assume you are satisfied with the display on your monitor in all other respects. In that case, I would recommend leaving things as they are.

Best wqishes,
                        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
                          dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Is yours an LCD screen? if so are you running it at it's proper native resolution? Otherwise I know form personal experience that it can have a very bad effect on color display. The refresh frequency may have to be adjusted as well. Mine started working very well once I set that to 75Hz from the original default settings it came with.
                          Last edited by ChristinaS; December 02, 2004, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
                            Is yours an LCD screen? if so are you running it at it's proper native resolution? Otherwise I know form personal experience that it can have a very bad effect on color display. The refresh frequency may have to be adjusted as well. Mine started working very well once I set that to 75Hz from the original default settings it came with.
                            I think its a LCD, and yes 1024x768 is its native and I have tried 75 HZ 80 Hz and others. I also tried 16 bit and 32 bit.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                              dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

I think its a LCD, and yes 1024x768 is its native and I have tried 75 HZ 80 Hz and others. I also tried 16 bit and 32 bit.
                              Jerry, you can't "think" it's an LCD screen! It either is or it isn't! :D

From what I've seen so far, 17-inch LCD screens appear to mostly have a native resolution of 1280x1024. The 15-inch LCD screeen run at 1024x768 natively.

Have you tried getting and installing the different skins as Xoas mentioned?

Comment

• jerry_setty

• Oct 2004

The reason I said I think is because I don't really remember.

Comment

Working...

]]>