title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Another thread question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Another thread question

Honestly, I'm also wondering what the two above normal priority threads are doing when the player is not playing anything. One of them taking ~6 to 7% of the CPU power on my 750MHz PIII.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

This playing WMA files?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Nop. Just started, no file loaded, playing nothing, it is running 4 normal and 2 above normal threads, one of the latter constantly consuming > 7% of CPU power!

When a wma file is played, this adds 3 highest + 1 time critical. I guess this comes from M$, no wonder, winamp does more or less the same. The problem is that the time critical one stays there, still running pretty actively, if the file is not played to the end. And EACH such file leaves behind a thread!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Have you changed the Skin? also the older version of dAP didn't have the drawing optimizations that the current beta does (hint: having the Spectrum display set to the square bars takes less CPU than Line Scope view).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

No, I didn't change anything. As a matter of fact, I just downloaded and installed the player yesterday to see whether the bug is in the codec. (Sorry, I'm using the codecs, but not the player I don't like too fancy interfaces ) However, just a piece of advice: you might want to reconsider the drawing engine you're using, as it keeps consuming CPU power (~ same amount) even when the player is minimized. As to the WMA codec, the correct way to stop it seems to use SkipTo(100) first and then wait till EoF. Just DeleteADecoder... is not enough. Probably, this should be part of DeleteA... in the next release

Comment

Working...

]]>