title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cleaning Up Database

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gleicher
    • Jul 2004

Cleaning Up Database

I am a new user to poweramp/player - but i am planning to register soon.

I was wondering:
    My collection of music is continually evolving, from a variety of sources (if nothing else, it sits on a server so I can serve music wirelessly around my house). Becuase of this, files are continually being moved around, and tags are often being updates.

is there a quick way to have dAP re-scan the music "database" (tree of files) and update itself to find new stuff (and/or changed stuff)?

having to clear the database and start over from scratch is a little drastic and time consuming.

thanks,

mg
  • gleicher
    • Jul 2004

Re: Cleaning Up Database

whoops - i didn't notice the "lookout" options - however, i am not sure what this does other than hang (it is sitting there with an hourglass - but it might be recursing over a big tree)

will lookout only add new files, or will it handle changes and deletions as well?

thanks,

mg

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

when you select "add music" it will just add the new stuff (or at least it should- that is how it behaves on my PC).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It will look for new files only, to re-read the tags there is a refresh tag from file option.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>