title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem playing CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bc1113

• Jun 2002

Problem playing CD

I point dAP at the CD drive. It recognizes the CD--shows it in the window--track and all--then when I press play it switches and plays the mp3 file it played previously.

How do I get it to play the CD?:confused:
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

yes this happens to me too when i select "add" music file from the cd.

what I do is start "MMC" (my music collection) and select "add music" and from the drop down menu select "add a folder of music" then simply select your cd rom drive with the music.

this puts it into a que and then will play all tracks.

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

or you can select "play list editor" then select "add tracks" then you can highlight all or any music tracks you want from your music cd.

Comment

• bc1113

• Jun 2002

Re: CD no play

Razgo,

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried 'em all. Still NG. Can't get the damned thing to play a CD nohow, noway!!!:vmad: :confused: :(

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Make sure you have the latest version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter installed, if you try to 'rip' and audio track, that will tell you if it can play an audio cd.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bc1113

• Jun 2002

Spoon,

Thanks. Don't understand. My question was on dAP--the player. It doesn't want to play CDs.

I have the latest dMC--ripper/converter--downloaded 6/12/02. I can't find the version # but I think it was 3.91. dMC works fine. The problem is with the player not wanting to play CDs. Plays everything else great. I'm still getting to know it but I think I like it better than WinAmp. But I would like it to play CDs.

It's strange because it recognizes the CD--even shows the title in the window--CD in the bitrate but then when I press play it reverts to the previous mp3 and plays that.

I also can't seem to end the game of tag between dAP and Winamp. I've unchecked everything in Winamp yet it still wants to control "My Music" folder in Windows XP. BTW I run XP on a P4 @1.7Ghz 256MB RAM.

Would appreciate your insight. Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

The reason I mentioned dMC is because it uses the same codec as dAP does to play the CD. I am thinking it might be a drive letter problem, do you have more than one CD?

Try running the dAP File Associations program to take them back off Winamp.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bc1113

• Jun 2002

Spoon,

I've tried that too now. I also uninstalled Winamp since no matter what I did it seemed to grab control of the CD drives. Still no dice. I have a Pioneer DVD Rom drive (E) and a LiteOn CD-R/RW drive (F).

I've tried a couple of different CDs in both drives. I point dAP at the drive with the CD in it. The player recognizes the CD, shows it in the window, shows CD in the bitrate display, until I press play. At that point the player switches off the CD and reverts to the last audio file I've played--mp3/ogg/ape--whatever. No CD.

I'm baffled--still love all your stuff--especially the ability to encode and play the different formats. But it would be nice for CD to be one of them.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

I will soon release an add-on for dAP that handles CDs better, wait until then.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Problem playing CD

Any solutions to this problem? I'm having it too.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

A first step to to assign the first cd drive to a letter higher than the other CD drive.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• skippo

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                        [SIZE=1]A first step to to assign the first cd drive to a letter higher than the other CD drive.[/SIZE]
                        I only have one CD drive. It's assigned to the letter D.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Install the Music Converter, and try to Rip a CD - it will tell you better of any errors.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• skippo

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
                            [size=1]Install the Music Converter, and try to Rip a CD - it will tell you better of any errors.[/size]
                            ODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track01.cda'
                            Unable to read CD, scratched disk?
                            CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track02.cda'
                            Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.

(ripping with Windows Media Player works)

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Which Windows Version? (if XP or 2000 you need to be logged on as Administrator).
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>