title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New to Portable Device world

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

New to Portable Device world

Please help me....my son just received a Memorex MMP8500 MP3/WMA player. We installed the cd with the driver and RealOne Player. I have purchased a couple of songs from Napster that play fine on my computer and on a cd that I burn. When I try to copy via Windows Media Player to the portable device I get an error message every time and it does not have a description (0x8004500). I have copied the songs via Dell MusicMatch and other methods and they show on the the device but they won't play. Could this have anything to do with the firmware upgrade I have not been able to get from Memorex yet??? What is firmware??? If not this, what else???

Thanks.
    Karen
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: New to Portable Device world

Try creating and copying mp3 files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try creating and copying mp3 files.
      How do I do this?? Can I download MP3 files from Napster (or other music services), if not, how do I convert the file and will I lost quality?

Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
        How do I do this?? Can I download MP3 files from Napster (or other music services), if not, how do I convert the file and will I lost quality?

Thanks so much for your help.

the new napster portal sells imo drm files only.
        you can not convert them, and you are limitet in where you can use em and how often.
        read the napster faq.

reading the manuals often helps alot btw.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Install dBpowerAMP Music Converter - run Audio CD Input and 'rip' one of your audio cds to mp3.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>