title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Freezing on first play

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cuparboy
    • Dec 2003

Freezing on first play

When I start up dbpowerAMP and go to play a tune either by double clicking on it or by using the right mouse button almost every time the whole system will freeze for up to two minutes while the song loads and plays. I am wondering if dbpowerAMP has any history of conflict with any other programme I may have installed? I run Windows 98 SE,
    AMDathlon 1500+, 512MBram, and have Windows Media Player 9 installed (this problem preceded the update to Win Media Player). Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance, even if you just read this far.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Freezing on first play

What type of files are you playing?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
      What type of files are you playing?
      I am playing MP3s. I should add that, after the initial problem, the player will move through a list of queued tunes with no problem. However, once a queue has played the same problems are incurred at starting a new track even though only seconds may have elapsed.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try the dAP options menu >> Amp >> and select the other output to option.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cuparboy
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
          Try the dAP options menu >> Amp >> and select the other output to option.
          As I said before, this is the best player out there. Now I have to add many thanks to its creator for sorting my problem - it now fires up the tunes instantaneously. Thanks Spoon, or should that be MISTER Spoon?

Comment

Working...

]]>