title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

default DB player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rkohlbeck
    • Oct 2009

default DB player

Hi - sorry If I missed the answer somewhere.. but how do I make my flac, ape and wav files have a default so when I want to play them from my library they can automatically play from DB poweramp.

I try right clicking and selecting " open with " but cannot seem to find a way to make them be automatically open and play.. other then making a cd and then listening to the track within cd writer.

Hope I tried to ask my question properly...

Ric
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: default DB player

There should be a File Association start menu shortcut for the dBpowerAMP Player dAP.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

To amplify on what Wayne said:

Music Converter itself allows you to preview tracks you are ripping from CD (in CD Ripper) or or possibly to preview tracks in (CD Writer) tracks you are proposing to burn (I don't think my version of CD Writer is allowing this option right now, but that may be my particular problem and not a general problem). Otherwise, Music Converter has no playback capability.

There are 2 Audio Players available via dBpoweramp/Illustrate. The current version is the Renaissance player. This is in early development and currently has only a command-line interface. The other possibility is the dBpoweramp AudioPlayer (or dAP). This is based on the previous generation of code for Illustrate products (versions of Music Converter up to r 11.5, dAP r2 and r3 beta, Sveta, and CD Writer 2). This means it HAS to be installed in a different folder than later dBpoweramp products (CD Writer 3, any version of Music Converter from r12 on). Further, dAP will require the downloading and installation of the appropriate LEGACY codecs from Legacy Codec Central (which you will find a link to in Codec Central (see tab at the top of this page).

You also have the option of using whatever other Audio Player software you may choose to use that can listen to these tracks.

Hope this helps.
      Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• rkohlbeck
        • Oct 2009

HI - I cannot seem to locate it..

I see start then go to programs then to DB poweramp configuration and in there I see codecs, versions and music converter.. but nothing to make it my default music player.. can you help me with specific instructions on how to make this my player..

I purchased the reference

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

You need to install one of the players first.

The Renaissance Player can be downloaded from hte Beta section of the forum here:
          http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17415 (remember this only has a command line interface and I am not entirely sure if it will do what you want; if you are fairly comfortable with using a command line interface but need further help you might post this as a separate thread on that in the Beta section of the forum).

dAP R2 can (if the link still works) be downloaded from here:
          http://dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp.htm (Be sure to note the compatibility link notes for Music Converter (dMC r12).

dAP r3.6 beta (which I would recommend over dAP r2) can be downloaded from here:
          http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2045 (again please note the compatibility issues (which I outlined in my first post).

Best wishes,
          Bill
          Last edited by xoas; November 14, 2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>