title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error messaaage

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swampfoot

• Nov 2002

Error messaaage

I am getting error message that says amp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. As long as this error box is visible the player works. If I close the error box the player stops. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times and does the same thing. Using XP.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

I am guessing that it is crossfade that is causing it, when does it show the error? right at the start or end of the first track?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• swampfoot

• Nov 2002

The error message came up as soon as I started the player. However, after reading FAQ I fixed the problem by uninstalling and going to the register to delete the dap folder. I re-installed and now the player seems to be working just fine. I think the problem started when I initially installed XP on my computer.

Comment

• swampfoot

• Nov 2002

amp.exe error

Well the player has started having the same problems again. I re-installed it and it worked fine for awhile. Now it crashes when I start it up. As soon as I start up the player I get an error message that says amp.exe has encounter a problem and needs to close. As long as this box is up the player works but when I close the error box the player shuts down and disappears. What now?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It must be something that is causing it, don't know what though, try killing your My Music Collection files (found in C:\Prgram Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Clokey2k

• Sep 2002

I don't think its got anything to do with XP as I am running that OS, but I do get that error if I try skipping a WMA file over to an MP3 file. Perhaps PowerAmp can't find the files in your colletion and is switching to another track, rapidly changing the formats it has to read?

Clokey2k...

Comment

• NewUser

Re: Error messaaage

I just installed dBpowerAMP Audio Player and am having the same experience described here. The very first time I ran the player it worked fine. Then I attempted to convert an asf file to a wav file. Ever since then when I start the problem I get the error message "amp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". Just as the other user described, as long as I leave the error message open the player continues to play music (although you can't see the interface). As soon as the error message is closed the audio player quits. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I am using XP OS on an IBM T30 laptop. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

A. If uninstalling does not help, then follow these instructions to make a totally clean start:

*** if you are using dBpowerAMP Audio Player, backup your music collection first ***

1) Reboot PC, Select 'Start' >> 'Run' and type:

regedit.exe

Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate
                delete the Key (folder) 'dBpowerAMP'.

2) Using Windows Explorer, open C:\Program Files\Illustrate and Delete the folder 'dBpowerAMP'

3) Reinstall, one by one dMC and Codecs.

Comment

• Craze
                  dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
                  I am guessing that it is crossfade that is causing it, when does it show the error? right at the start or end of the first track?
                  I've been getting a similar error message which stops dAP. Doesn't happen all of the time. But when it does, its at the end of track (random mode). r3 beta 5 & 6. Crossfade box unchecked. I have reinstalled dAP but not to the extent of Razgo's suggestion. (yet).
                  -Craze
                  Last edited by Craze; November 02, 2004, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Craze
                    dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Originally posted by Craze
                    I've been getting a similar error message which stops dAP. Doesn't happen all of the time. But when it does, its at the end of track (random mode). r3 beta 5 & 6. Crossfade box unchecked. I have reinstalled dAP but not to the extent of Razgo's suggestion. (yet).
                    -Craze
                    Upon further review,...this is actually occurring at the beginning of the next file to be played. It loads then freezes.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

There was a problem with dAP and mp3's a version ago, if it does it with the latest dAP and is repeatable then the mp3 file could be sent to me for checking.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Craze
                        dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

It's the latest version. I'll keep an eye on it for that possibility. It seems to be more of a random nature happening on different files. The file from the screenshot plays just fine when repeatedly enqueued. Thanks Spoon.
                        -Craze
                        Last edited by Craze; November 14, 2004, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Tasman27

• Jan 2005

I am also getting the error message running Win XP so I deleted the program and all associated files, rebooted and re-downloaded the program from download.com. All the trouble started when I went to reinstall ver 2. Now, I load the program and all is fine until I try to load the music files from a folder in my HD. I now get an error message that comes up as MS Visual C++ Runtime error Program: C:\dBpowerAmp\editor.exe. When I close this box, the whole program crashes. In essence, I can't load the mp3's into My Music Collection. The program is in a separate folder named \dBpowerAmp. Any ideas? I loved the last version, but this one has been somewhat of a pain... :(

Comment

• ChristinaS
                            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tasman27
                            I am also getting the error message running Win XP so I deleted the program and all associated files, rebooted and re-downloaded the program from download.com. All the trouble started when I went to reinstall ver 2. Now, I load the program and all is fine until I try to load the music files from a folder in my HD. I now get an error message that comes up as MS Visual C++ Runtime error Program: C:\dBpowerAmp\editor.exe. When I close this box, the whole program crashes. In essence, I can't load the mp3's into My Music Collection. The program is in a separate folder named \dBpowerAmp. Any ideas? I loved the last version, but this one has been somewhat of a pain... :(
                            You should have installed all of the dBpowerAMP components (converter, codecs, player, cd writer,...) to the same folder, the default (best to keep that) is c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP .

Try uninstalling all (from Control Panel > Add/Remove programs and maybe regsitry cleaning too) and reinstalling all again to the proper folder.

Comment

• Tasman27

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by ChristinaS
                              You should have installed all of the dBpowerAMP components (converter, codecs, player, cd writer,...) to the same folder, the default (best to keep that) is c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP .

Try uninstalling all (from Control Panel > Add/Remove programs and maybe regsitry cleaning too) and reinstalling all again to the proper folder.
                              I performed a complete(?) uninstall from Explorer to registry of the program. Then reinstalled into the file you suggested but got the same error message (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library)prefixed with the changed file location, ie C:\program File\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\editor.exe and the additional "abnormal program termination" at the end of the message. When you close down the box, the program crashes. I'm starting to think another program may be interfering with the installation OR I'm not completely eradicating all the program's files.
                              Still baffled,
                              Tasman27

Comment

Working...

]]>