title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Crunched ID Tags Column Widths When Left-Right Scrolling Required to View All Columns

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrk-sc
    • Jun 2024

Crunched ID Tags Column Widths When Left-Right Scrolling Required to View All Columns

Hi,

Re: PerfectTunes Release 2024-06-10 (2)

Two related issues in ID Tags on macOS Sonoma:
    1) If you expand column widths such that some columns are pushed off to the right, then the last column width is compressed down to a single character. To expand it, you then have to resize other columns such that there is no left-right overflow.

2) Similar, and probably related, if you add a new column, such that the layout exceeds available left-right viewing area, the new column is displayed as a single character. In so long as the new column was not added to the end of the list, it can then be expanded to the desired width, but with the consequence stated above for the right-most column.

Please let me know if you require more details.

Thanks!
    Jon K
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Fixed for the next update, thanks for reporting.

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Should be good now:
      https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/PT-2024-07-23.dmg Main changes: New appearance of Edit ID Tags window. Fixed erratic behavior of column resizing in ID Tags tool. Various cosmetic fixes. Build 2024-07-19 changes Reliably refresh ID Tags files views when editing tags. Restored remembering of Edit ID Tags window size.

Comment

• jrk-sc
        • Jun 2024

I can confirm the problem has been fixed.

I see you also fixed the "no insertion cursor" problem, too! SERIOUS thanks for fixing that!

Thanks!
        Last edited by jrk-sc; July 13, 2024, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• jrk-sc
          • Jun 2024

New issue with Beta... It is cutting off the top of the first line in the upper dialog box, along with the top of the album artwork. Please see attached. Also, the insertion cursor is apparently not completely fixed, as the cursor appears (or not) seemingly randomly. Thanks! Jon K.Click image for larger version

Name:	PT-Cut off top of Album Artist.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	326288

Comment

• jrk-sc
            • Jun 2024

Two more issues with Beta.
            1) If you select all tracks, then edit a setting (e.g., Album Sort), the edit does not appear until you manually refresh the window.
            2) If you resize the Edit Tags dialog box, it no longer remembers its size between edits and reverts back to its default "square" size (I usually set it full-screen height to show all tags at once--a tall rectangle).

Thanks again,
            Jon K

Comment

• jrk-sc
              • Jun 2024

Additional issue: I can find no way (on macOS, at least) to widen the last column. You cannot expand to the right beyond the display edge. Expanding to the left only shrinks the prior column without widening the desired column. The only work-around I have found is to add an additional column, expand the desired column, then delete the added column.

Comment

• jrk-sc
                • Jun 2024

Let me clarify the above a little more... The issue appears to be that the macOS window manager cannot differentiate (at least not easily/consistently) between the edge of the column and the edge of the app window (even at 10x window magnification!). When you try to grab the right side of the column, you see a "flicker" of the "+arrow" cursor indicating it senses the edge of the column, but then quickly switches to the left-right arrow for window resizing. What is needed is some "blank area" after the right-most column, so you can scroll left, and are able to grab the right edge of the column. As it is right now, the right edge of the column sits on the left edge of the app window and you cannot force a left scroll to be able to grab the right side of the column.

Looking at Finder, it fixes this problem by having a wide margin around the app, such that if you grab the inside of that margin, you get the column edge, and if you grab the outside edge, you get the window.

And, in case it matters... I am using an M2 16" MBP's internal display at 2056x1329 resolution.

I hope this helps!
                Jon Kibler
                Last edited by jrk-sc; July 15, 2024, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• PeterP
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jul 2011

Thanks for all the reports, new build in the making.

Comment

• PeterP
                    Super Moderator
                    • Jul 2011

New build released:
                    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/PT-2024-07-23.dmg Main changes: New appearance of Edit ID Tags window. Fixed erratic behavior of column resizing in ID Tags tool. Various cosmetic fixes. Build 2024-07-19 changes Reliably refresh ID Tags files views when editing tags. Restored remembering of Edit ID Tags window size.

Can't recreate last column sizing issues, tested latest (Mac OS 14) and lowest supported (Mac OS 11) systems. It's sometimes hard but not impossible, perahps there's another factor that I missed. Any window management customization apps or non-Apple mouse drivers running?
                    I made scroll bars always visible in ID Tags file lists for now, which should mitigate this.

Comment

• jrk-sc
                      • Jun 2024

Peter,

Whatever you did fixed both the last column resizing problem and the cutting off of the top of the window. Plus, as you expand the last column, it no longer crunches any columns to its left! And, I can confirm that the size of the Edit Tags window is now sticky, and the tags are refreshed after the edits are complete. Problems fixed! THANKS!!

Uh, one minor feature request if you don't mind: Please add "Edit Tags" and "Refresh" to the Menu-Bar "Edit" menu. I'd like to create keyboard shortcuts for both, but can't unless they are on a menu-bar menu. Thanks in advance!

Edit: To answer your question about anything unusual about my setup, I am using a vanilla 16" M2 MacBook Pro--no external keyboard, trackpad, or mouse, and no custom drivers. The only window management customization I have made is to kill that annoying "caps lock cursor" which showed up in some recent macOS update (sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/FeatureFlags/Domain/UIKit.plist redesigned_text_cursor -dict-add Enabled -bool NO). I also have my display resolution set to 2056x1329 (Apple's "More Space" resolution).

Jon K
                      Last edited by jrk-sc; July 20, 2024, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• jrk-sc
                        • Jun 2024

Another bug in PerfectTUNES:

In the Tag Editor, if you add a tag, then delete it, you cannot exit the tag editor without saving. If you click Cancel, it asks you if you want to save. If you answer no, it simply returns to the tag editor. If you try to exit by clicking on the window-close icon (red button, top left), it prompts you to save. And so on... you can't exit without saving.

Jon K

Comment

• PeterP
                          Super Moderator
                          • Jul 2011

Thanks.
                          New build posted, all of the above should be addressed.

Comment

Working...

]]>