title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Version 23-10-10 no longer shows dbPoweramp contect menus (Windows 11 23H2)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheAndyMac
    • Aug 2016

Version 23-10-10 no longer shows dbPoweramp contect menus (Windows 11 23H2)

Previous version seemed to develop an issue with the Windows 11 new file explorer context menus having two tiers "dBpoweramp... / dBpoweramp... / Convert...."

Installed the new version 23-10-10 and now NONE of the dBpoweramp menus are showing correctly on the Windows 11 explorer context menu (they are on the Show More Options menu).

In case it makes a difference, this is running on Windows 11 Pro 23H2 with Moment 4.

All the other programs that I have that support the new Windows 11 context menu are continuing to work fine (e.g. FileMenu Tools, Mp3Tag, PowerArchiver...).

This is happening on two machines where I have dBpoweramp installed (have a 5 PC licence).

Also tested a fresh install in Windows Sandbox and the same issue as well, so looks like 23-10-10 has regressed the support for Windows 11 context menus --- OR there is an incompatibility between dBpoweramp's Windows 11 context menu setup and the updated version of File Explorer that is part of Moment 4/23H2.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Version 23-10-10 no longer shows dbPoweramp contect menus (Windows 11 23H2)

Uninstall dBpoweramp, full reboot of Windows, then reinstall dBpoweramp.

Are you running any security software?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Works here - Windows 11, version 10.0.22621.2428

Did you make a fresh install or upgarde previous dBpoweramp version? (either way works here)

Are Right Click Menu options enabled in dBpoweramp Advanced Settings?
      Last edited by PeterP; October 25, 2023, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Update: problem reproduced, on Windows 11 10.0.22000.2538 (fresh virtual machine)
        Indeed previous dBpoweramp release shows context menus while latest does not.
        Investigating.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Please open administrator command prompt and enter these exact commands:

Code:
          cd "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp"
          fooPackageOps.exe "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp" dMCExplorerCommand.msix Illustrate.dBpoweramp.Win11Shell_s6r0h5jr5vt82
          This should register the missing shell extension and make context menus appear. We're still investigating why it isn't being done by the installer in some cases.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The next update fixes this issue.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TheAndyMac
              • Aug 2016

Thanks, glad you were able to reproduce and have fixed it in the next update.
              And that workaround fixed it for me as well (had to restart Explorer for it to pick it up correctly).

Comment

• ratavaz
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by PeterP

Please open administrator command prompt and enter these exact commands:

Code:
                cd "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp"
                fooPackageOps.exe "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp" dMCExplorerCommand.msix Illustrate.dBpoweramp.Win11Shell_s6r0h5jr5vt82
                This should register the missing shell extension and make context menus appear. We're still investigating why it isn't being done by the installer in some cases.
                I have installed version 2024-05-30 and in Advanced Configuration have shell extensions enabled for both windows 11 and Classic shell extension.
                No entries in the Windows 11 contextual menu, while are available for the classic menu
                I I run the command you mentioned from an Adminstrator command terminal I get the following errors:

Registering...
                Provisioning Sparse Package failed
                C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp
                dMCExplorerCommand.msix
                Windows can't provision the package Illustrate.dBpoweramp.Win11Shell_1.0.0.0_x64__s6r0 h5jr5vt82 because it is not installed on a system volume.

Any further suggestion?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Your windows seems strange, it is saying drive c is not a system volume...
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ratavaz
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
                    Your windows seems strange, it is saying drive c is not a system volume...
                    Might it have to do with the fact that I've changed the default installation drive for Games into drive D: ?
                    I've noticed that
                    • Illustrate.dBpowerampImage.Win11Shell_1.0.0.0_x64_ _s6r0h5jr5vt82
                    • Illustrate.dBpoweramp.Win11Shell_1.0.0.0_x64__s6r0 h5jr5vt82
                    Are both installed into D:\WindowsApps\

Any command line option that I can use to force installation into drive D:?

Thanks

Comment

• ratavaz
                      • Nov 2013

OK,
                      I've managed to fix the problem.
                      • First of all from Windows Settings have checked that the default installation for new apps is C:, which it was, only new games get installed into D:
                      • From the command line, using PowerShell, I've looked to all the installed packages via "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName"
                      • I've found in the list, using the search function of Terminal, the Illustrate package "Illustrate.dBpoweramp.Win11Shell" whose full name was "Illustrate.dBpoweramp.Win11Shell_1.0.0.0_x64__s6r 0h5jr5vt82"
                      • I've uninstalled the package from PowerShell via command "Remove-AppxPackage Illustrate.dBpoweramp.Win11Shell_1.0.0.0_x64__s6r0 h5jr5vt82"
                      • Finally I have reinstalled the package using the command suggested by PeterP "fooPackageOps.exe "C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp" dMCExplorerCommand.msix Illustrate.dBpoweramp.Win11Shell_s6r0h5jr5vt82"
                      The installation command completed successfully, even though for some mysterious reasons only known in Redmond, the package keeps getting installed into D:, anyway no more installation errors, even if I relaunch the installation command.
                      After killing and restarting all Explorer processes now I have the entries in the Window 11 contextual menu.

Report it just in case it might be helpful for others.

Thanks to PeterP and Spoon for providing helpful indications.

Comment

Working...

]]>