title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Aux Input to Lame converter problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joemco
    • Sep 2002

Aux Input to Lame converter problem

Problem: When I use the Auxiliary Input program to record sound to MP3 using the Lame codec, the conversion *always* takes place at the (very low quality) level of 32kbs, regardless of the quality level I specify. (I also use Lame with the dBpowerAMP Converter and do NOT have that problem there.) As a work-around, I downloaded the Blade codec, and it seems to work satisfactorily. However (and because I read that Lame sometimes works better than Blade), I'd like to fix this (and se Lame with AuxInput). Any info, suggestions, ideas?
    Background info: My OS is WinXP; my PC is from eMachines and has a 1.5Ghz AMD Athlon processor. Have not experienced any other problems with dMC, and love the program!

Many thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Make sure you have the latest version of both dMC and Auxiliary input installed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• joemco
      • Sep 2002

Thanks for response. I should have put version info in first post. I DO, however, have latest versions - v.9a for dMC, and v.3 for AuxInput. I cannot tell which version of the Lame codec I have, though I downloaded it from the 'illustrate' site around the end of August of this year.

Any further thoughts? Should I try to 'reinstall' Lame?

Thanks! :smile:

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>*always* takes place at the (very low quality) level of 32kbs, regardless of the quality level I specify

You are setting it by clicking the menu next to 'Record' >> Compression settings?

Your lame comes with dMC, it should not be installed seperately.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• joemco
          • Sep 2002

1. I have set compression level by choosing 'record-with options' and then, in the resulting dialog box, choosing some kbs value like 96 or 128 - used same method with Blade with desired + expected results. However, with Lame, the quality level obtained is always 32 kbs.

2. I'm sure you're right that the Lame codec 'came with' dMC, but I had forgotten that it was bundled and that I hadn't had to download it separately (as I did with Blade).

3. My problem, again, is that, though Lame works 'as expected' in dMC, and Blade works 'as expected' in both dMC and AuxInput, Lame *always* acts as if it had been set to 32kbs when recording to MP3 using AuxInput.

4. For whatever it may be worth, I have purchased and installed the PowerPak, though I believe that the Lame issue predated the PowerPak install.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

On the Lame settings, click Advanced and make sure no preset is selected.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>