title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

QNAP / Oppo Playback question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guy007
    • Jun 2016

QNAP / Oppo Playback question

I have a QNAP that I have just upgraded the Asset from R7.5 to R2023-5-15.
    I use an Oppo 203 on the Network function to playback the encoded albums.

If I have encoded a various artists/compilation soundtrack using Reference R17.7 or R2023-6-26, in the "Album Artist" info I put 'Soundtrack' and the "Artist" is correctly listed, whoever it is.

When I play back on the Oppo navigating the Asset menu, on playback it shows 4 lines of info, next to the album graphic:

Title
    Artist
    Album
    Genre

Question 1 - If I play the album, in the "Artist" field it is incorrectly listing the "Album Artist" info. This appears to be a bug, as it also existed on R7.5. (Note if I search on the artist, it finds the album correctly, so it is reading the tag information - but the playback behaviour is the same with the 4 lines above)

Question 2 - Is there a way to change the information that is displayed in the 4 lines to other tag information ? I could see no easy/quick way in 'Options' (which would be the best UI approach IMHO) or in 'Advanced' menu on Asset UPnP.

Note - My assumption is that it is Asset that is driving the information provided/shown through the Oppo.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
  • Guy007
    • Jun 2016

Re: QNAP / Oppo Playback question

Thanks simbun for the pointers. The QNAP UPnP looks slightly different from the help files, the control points are part of 'Advanced'. Once in, it lists the 'known control points' at the bottom. To that end the Oppo is listed.

I have added the following at the rules at the bottom.

=OPPO PLAYER
    [SimpleArtist]

It restarted Asset, but unfortunately its done more to the information than expected. It has removed the 'artist' info, but is now showing the [artist] after the track name, and is now also showing the track number, where before it wasn't. This is showing in albums too. So it might take some edits to get it where I want it to be.

As a side note, does it matter on sequence, i.e. should I add it at the top, or would it be better to just add to the "=AssetControl" or "={no-identification}" sections ?

Cheers

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Re: QNAP / Oppo Playback question

Thanks for the bug report.

Regarding modified title and changed album display-
      ={no-identification} is not behaving as documented and values specified there were affecting your controlpoint until you added a special section for it. It currently affects control points not maching specific criteria, not control points not sending any identification.
      This results in unrelated behavior changes from just adding a new section for the controlpoint. To work around, duplicate lines from ={no-identification} in =OPPO PLAYER.
      I'm not sure what this was changed for, searching change logs now.

The intended behavior of [SimpleArtist] is to send no artist info other than <dc:creator>. Is <upnp:artist> duplicating value of <dc:creator> really needed here? If yes, I'll make it possible to send such.

Comment

Working...

]]>