title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem With Batch Ripper Getting Stuck On A Track....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Schryver
    • Jan 2024

Problem With Batch Ripper Getting Stuck On A Track....

I have successfully installed Batch Ripper and it seems to work well with the Sony Vaio changer, however I am noticing that every now and then it will get stuck while attempting to rip a track, dirty CD or whatever, for whatever reason. I have seen it stuck for 8-10 minutes on one track and have to manually intervene and tell it to skip the track. Is there not a timeout, preferably configurable in settings to avoid this situation? I don't want to leave the system alone ripping 200 disks and have it get stuck in this situation. Unless I am missing something?

Also, do the settings in CD Ripper carryover to Batch Ripper? Seems there are very few configurable options in Batch Ripper itself.

And what happens after the last CD is ripped, does it automatically stop or does it have to be told how many dicks to rip before it will stop? I currently have it set to All but not sure how it will act when it encounters the last disk if less than 200 are installed, will it start over again, I hope not? I would assume it would stop when encountering the first empty slot....
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem With Batch Ripper Getting Stuck On A Track....

You click 'Edit' next to the profile in Batch Ripper, then have access to CD Rippers settings. You should enable the secure abort options.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Don Schryver
      • Jan 2024

I will check this out, thanks. And what about this:

"And what happens after the last CD is ripped, does it automatically stop or does it have to be told how many dicks to rip before it will stop? I currently have it set to All but not sure how it will act when it encounters the last disk if less than 200 are installed, will it start over again, I hope not? I would assume it would stop when encountering the first empty slot...."

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would count the number of discs ripping and set this with End after 'discs ripped'
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Don Schryver
          • Jan 2024

Seems it stops automatically after the last disk.

Seems to have this issue on many CD's when ripping that extra tracks are added, sometimes up to 50 on a 10 track CD. See screenshot if the forum will let me post it. Ideas?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DBPowerAmp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	294731

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Perhaps copy protected, those tracks exist as far as CD ripper is concerned.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Don Schryver
              • Jan 2024

Those CD's play fine with the published number of tracks in other players. This only occurs when using CD Ripper. I checked the one shown in the screenshot in another computer and it plays, rips and copies fine so no obvious copy protection. I have never seen this before with other CD rippers, including the not so good Sony software that came with the drive. So I believe it's an issue with the metadata source or something in CD Ripper....

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try CD Ripper manually and try using a different drive for that disc.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>