title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Run External help needed - create new folder in destination, move files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Supercruns
    • Aug 2023

Run External help needed - create new folder in destination, move files

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Run External DSP to perform some automatic file manipulation after converting FLAC to mp3:
    • Create a new folder within the destination folder named "Original FLAC files"
    • Move all FLAC, cue, m3u and log files to this folder

I've got the basic command line written, and tested as working from within cmd.exe:

Code:
    mkdir "Original FLAC files" & move *.FLAC "Original FLAC files" & move *.log "Original FLAC files" & move *.m3u "Original FLAC files" & move *.cue "Original FLAC files"
    I'm completely stuck at the last step in the Run External settings though, I just don't know how to get it up and running - is what I'm doing actually possible, and how do I get it working?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Run External help needed - create new folder in destination, move files

You would have to run cmd.exe

best put that as a batch file, and ensure that the folder is set within the batch file. If using after batch.

If need access to path name, then do after conversion and strip the filename within the batch.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Supercruns
      • Aug 2023

Thanks for getting back to me - before I start working out how to do any of that, could I ask you to let me know where I've gone wrong with the initial settings, please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dBpoweramp01.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	294693

When I run that, it gets stuck here, counting up the time elapsed indefinitely:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dBpoweramp02.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	294694

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

you would need the command line as:

/c "c:\yourbatch file.bat"
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Supercruns
          • Aug 2023

Hi Spoon,

I tried that and had the same issue, seems like something's stopping cmd.exe from running. I tested Powershell which launched fine, so I've been able to do what I wanted in that instead.

Thanks again for looking into this for me though, much appreciated

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Post a picture please
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>