title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't detect any key discs with new drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anubis89
    • Jul 2023

Can't detect any key discs with new drive

Hi,

I just recently purchased a new DVD-RW drive, an ASUS - DRW-42B1ST j. I needed to replace a very old late 2000's BD-R drive which stopped working. I've ripped hundreds of discs using the old BD-R drive which always worked fine with AccurateRip configured. But my new ASUS drive is having problems enabling AccurateRip because no matter which disc I insert, an error complaining that the "offset detection failed because it does not match the stored disc", or my drive "doesn't exist in the database and there are multiple pressings stored." The only problem is that my drive IS in the AccurateRip database (I made sure of this before I bought it). I've tried maybe 40-50 discs throughout today and none of them have been detected as key discs. I've even tried a few I know only ever had a single pressing. I've re-installed dBpoweramp, wiped the registry settings, deleted the AccurateRip cache, but nothing helps. Here's my drive info below:

Manufacturer: ASUS
    CD Drive: DRW-24B1ST j
    Firmware: 1.11
    Serial: 2016/10/11 20:37
    Maximum Speed: 8467 KB/sec (x47)
    Current Speed: 8467 KB/sec (x47)
    Spin-down After: 2 minutes
    Buffer Size: 512 KB
    Accurate Stream: Yes
    C2 Error Pointers: Yes
    Reads ISRC: Yes
    Reads UPC: Yes
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't detect any key discs with new drive

Have to keep trying, or choose a drive already in the database.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Anubis89
      • Jul 2023

Hi,

The drive is in the database. EAC has correctly identified the drive after 1 disc that dBpoweramp reported was not a key disc.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

ASUS - DRW-24B1ST j is in the database, ASUS - DRW-42B1ST j is not, typo?

Ensure that dBpoweramp can access the internet and no security software is blocking it. EAC and dBpoweramp use the exact same DLL to communicate with accuraterip, so the exact same code.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>