title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Streaming audio (again!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petriburg
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Streaming audio (again!)

Hi, Spoon! Any further ideas on when you might add streaming audio to the playback function? Recording could come later - but it would be nice to be able to listen to online music through the best playback facility.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Streaming audio (again!)

No plans just yet (my slow internet link does not help... )
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I think we need to get Spoon connected to cable :D

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

Yeah, get him hoocked on streaming audio and he will add it... :D

Comment

• dmneoblade
          • Apr 2004

Just throw shoutcast in there. http://www.shoutcast.com

That will work for most of us ~.^

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

well after using auxiliary input a fair bit lately (did i mention how much i like aux input? :D ), i would certainly take advantage of live streaming in dap. as it is now i keep having to use either real audio player or wmp.

hopefully this might get bumped further up the to do list.

ooooohhhh , and live streaming plugged straight into auxiliary input? oooooooohhhh la la :D

Comment

• OldCoder
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Sep 2003

Can't this already be done by recording from the Wave Out Mixer?

I haven't used Auxiliary Input for this (yet), but I have been recording
              streaming audio using Cool Edit 2000 - I just capture the Windows Mixer
              signal being fed to my speakers.

It may not be quite the same sound quality as CD, but I suspect that is more due to what is streamed than any conversion errors on my system.

Try it, you might find that it works. Wouldn't be the first time we found that Spoonware could do more than we suspected / expected.

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

i guess the point is in aux input i can choose from the menu, the codec, put album/artist in, set the file creation options etc etc...

so live streaming into spoons aux input directly would be great, as it keeps every thing together without having to start/open other programes to get it all working.

but the biggest wish would be for aux input to be intergrated with dmc cd audio input so it's all in the one place. so i guess what i mean is it would be good to start one programe that does it all from menu's. thus "dmc cd audio input" + "aux input" + "live streaming" = one kick butt do it yourself audio kit :D

Comment

• Razgo
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

ok since i have been trying to get dap to play and sort music on my home network without much success mainly dues to it being too slow to play and sort.

i loaded windows media player and bingo, it played the music straight away and was able to scan the remote folder of music relitivly quickly.

is this because of live streaming technology?

/edit added more:

if i send a command/signal over the network to start dap and play, that command would be local to that computer and simply stream the result back to me.
                  Last edited by Spoons; 05-01-2004, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• CapZap
                    • Mar 2004

I may have pitched in for streaming audio before but here it is again.

Spoon, I use all your software and find it to be tops. I started with WinAmp, went to Sonique for a good while, then did MusicMatch for years. I don't even have MusicMatch installed now because I use PowerAmp for everything.

But, I also haven't listened to shoutcast streams since I switched. I don't know that I would listen because I have so other music I listen to. But, it would be a nice addition.

Comment

• Unregistered

Now what I'd really like is a UPnP Media Server. One that actually works and has a decent set opf features.

I have a couple of Netgear MP101's - wonderful little devices, except that the supplied server sucks and blows at the same time.
                      MusicMatch is robust, but lacks some features and isn't exactly gentle with system resources.

a db-series media server would surely be tops...

Read the yahoo group for the full low-down: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Netgea...Group/messages

Comment

• Razgo
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

you need to sign up with yahoo just too see it?

Comment

Working...

]]>