title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Automatic naming script - a little help needed!

Question Automatic naming script - a little help needed!

Hi Guys and Gals,

I LOVE DB poweramp and especially the CD Ripper, but I need a little help with my script for naming and locating files when ripping.

At present I am using the following:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[disc]-[track] - [title]

but it's not quite right.

If a disc is NOT a compilation I'd like it to rip as follows:

Artist/Album/01 - title.mp3, 02 - title.mp3 (in other words track - title.ext) UNLESS it has more than one disc when it should rip:

Artist/Title/1-01 - title.mp3, 1-02 - title.mp3 (discnumber-track - title.ext)

If the disc IS a compilation I'd like it to always rip to my Various Artists folder:

Various Artists/Album/01 - artist - title.mp3 or when it has more than one disc
    Various Artists/Album/1-01 - Artist - Title.mp3 (discnumber-track - title.ext)

But I can't seem to program this without tying myself in knots!

I think it's the two different conditionals - "is it a compilation?" and "does it have more than one disc?" that are doing my fuddled brain in!

Any help, as always, gratefully received!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Automatic naming script - a little help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by wondermouse View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals,

I LOVE DB poweramp and especially the CD Ripper, but I need a little help with my script for naming and locating files when ripping.

At present I am using the following:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[disc]-[track] - [title]

but it's not quite right.

If a disc is NOT a compilation I'd like it to rip as follows:

Artist/Album/01 - title.mp3, 02 - title.mp3 (in other words track - title.ext) UNLESS it has more than one disc when it should rip:

Artist/Title/1-01 - title.mp3, 1-02 - title.mp3 (discnumber-track - title.ext)

If the disc IS a compilation I'd like it to always rip to my Various Artists folder:

Various Artists/Album/01 - artist - title.mp3 or when it has more than one disc
    Various Artists/Album/1-01 - Artist - Title.mp3 (discnumber-track - title.ext)

But I can't seem to program this without tying myself in knots!

I think it's the two different conditionals - "is it a compilation?" and "does it have more than one disc?" that are doing my fuddled brain in!

Any help, as always, gratefully received!
    see this thread,
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...l=1*post131509

then try this:
    [IFCOMP]Various Artists\[album]\[IFMULTI] \[disc]-[][track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI]\[disc]-[][track] - [title][]

Thumbs up Re: Automatic naming script - a little help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    see this thread,
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...l=1*post131509

then try this:
    [IFCOMP]Various Artists\[album]\[IFMULTI] \[disc]-[][track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI]\[disc]-[][track] - [title][]
    Gary that's brilliant.:komisch9:

I can untangle myself now! Looks like you've helped out lots with this sort of request.

I think a sticky FAQ in this forum, including examples from the thread you quoted, plus the one above, broken down to show which bits do what, and what results should come back, would be very useful to people like me who got a sort of handle on it, then dropped the lot!

One of my problems was the function of the empty square brackets as well as which bit to put where!

Cheers - I owe you a beer!