title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get the CD Ripper to list data under the correct column headings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I get the CD Ripper to list data under the correct column headings?

Rip to either Apple Lossless or AIFF
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ringmaster
      • Aug 2008

LtData,

I accidentally sent my previous "Quick Reply", before I was finished; however, I suspect you were telling me what I could do to Tag the wave file, so the "Artist" moves over to the Artist column.

I'm rather new at this, and I'm not sure what you are suggesting. Do I have to download something to accomplish the wave tagging?
      Last edited by Ringmaster; 12-23-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

To tag from filenames, just select the files you want to tag, then convert them to [Tag from Filename] as the codec, then put in your naming scheme so it knows how to tag it.

Comment

• Ringmaster
          • Aug 2008

In Windows Explorer, I have the following columns listed: "Name; Size; Type; Artist; Genre; Album Title; Year; Track Number; & Duration". I would like to add "Composer; Director & Orchestra" if possible.

Many of my "Album Titles" are from CD compilations that I have created from my processing of vinyl albums, using the "Diamond Cut, DC Live Forensics 7.0 & DC 7" restoration software. I have assigned album titles to these CD's, IE: "CDR-0162 Red Nichols - Dixieland Supper Club; Lu Watters & Bunk Johnson - New Orleans Jazz"; CDR-0163 (and so on). In these instances, I plan to use my "Album Titles", in lieu of the "Internet Media Guides", and I know that I will have to manually enter the data for these CD's; however, I will use the Internet Media Guides for commercial CD's that I rip. I can't even figure out how to get data from ripped CD's to fall under the correct column headers.

I have tried to figure out your instructions: "To tag from filenames, just select the files you want to tag, then convert them to [Tag from Filename] as the codec, then put in your naming scheme so it knows how to tag it." I am sure this is rather simple, but I just can not figure out how to do it.

I have been trying different software programs, for about 6 months, to create a Library, from which I can click on files and create "Playlists", while remaining in the .wav format. I need to do this, so I can import the file back to my Restoration Software Program, to allow me to do additional file restoration when necessary. Storage space is not an issue.

I feel that I am "almost there" with the use of your software; however, I am not familiar with setting up some software applications, to adapt it to my use.

I have your latest revisions installed on my machine, and I wonder if someone would be kind enough to give me "step-by-step" instructions to set up "Windows Explorer" (within Windows XP) so the file data falls under the correct column header, to allow me to create my basic library.

Many Thanks

Comment

• Ringmaster
            • Aug 2008

I forgot to mention that I used several different ripping programs to create my Windows Explorer database (many were ripped, using your db ripping software). Also, I would like automatic normalization of all tracks, contained in my playlist, on playback....is this possible?

Comment

Working...

]]>