title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ability To rencode DTS Audio?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raid517
    • Jul 2005

Ability To rencode DTS Audio?

Hi I am a big lossless audio fan and have a big collection of SACD and DTS Audio CDs. Is there any way to re-encode these to another lossless format for playback on my portable media player?

GJ
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Ability To rencode DTS Audio?

SACD Audio is protected for now and I don't know of a way to either type of disc except for mabye Auxiliary Input.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

>DTS Audio CDs

THis is not techinally lossless, it uses AC3 which is a lossy encoding format.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• raid517
        • Jul 2005

Well, lossless or not I would still like if possible to be able to listen to them on my iPod...

There is one guy who did something very similar to what I'm after in WinAmp:

The only thing is that it's not very stable on my system.

Although that might not be entirely fair as I am running it in conjunction with a very embryonic and quite old DTS plugin for WinAmp.

I'm sure he would be keen enough to maybe do something similar for Dbpoweramp - although whether or not you are able to enable DTS audio output is a whole other issue.

GJ
        Last edited by raid517; 02-19-2006, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• raid517
          • Jul 2005

Comment

• gameplaya15143
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by raid517
            woo hoo.. a newer version of the great filewrite plugin for WA :komisch9:
            .. and where would one get this DTS input plugin for WA? i might be of more help if I get it.

did you try that WA dts plugin with the winamp input plugin for dBpowerAMP?

Comment

• milfzor
              • Dec 2004

quite honestly though, if you encode it to ANYTHING lossless, your filesize will only INCREASE......as for SACD......if im not mistaking, they should have the regular cdda tracks on the discs...im not sure if anyone's figured out a way to rip the sacd tracks though.....DTS can be converted to wav, you can google on how to do that....you will end up with 6 wav files, though, i believe, and from there, im not sure how one would encode to say lossless wma (supports 5.1, so probably your best bet) or anything else for that matter..........

Comment

Working...

]]>