title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Column Config - My Music Collection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdaughtry
    • Dec 2005

Column Config - My Music Collection

1. Want ability to remove/add/move columns that are displayed in My Music Collection window. I typically listen to files that do not have MP3 tags added yet - the ability to move the FILENAME column to the first column, sort on that column, and then remove the remaining columns saves a lot of headaches for me

2. Ability to not have to add an entire folder to My Music Collection to play files - simply display a directory tree on the left, and when a folder is selected display that folders contents on the right - allow for playback when file(s) are selected. I have three external USB hard drives with music - they could all have the same drive letter assigned (depending on which one I turn on), and if the data is "hard stored" in a database file of some type it will be all screwed up.

PS - dbPowerAmp is a WONDERFUL product!! One of the best purchases I've made for my computer!
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: Column Config - My Music Collection

1)
    check out the help files, they are pretty well done... look under advanced dap...

a fast start tip, go into MMC then go 'collection'->prefferences...

I think you'll find it easy to use, if not see the help, then if more needed ask

2) hmm... maybe if you add them all, and you are using just one at a time, then I think dap will just skip those tracks it can't find...
    Last edited by donny; December 04, 2005, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• sdaughtry
      • Dec 2005

Thank you for the assist... I had never clicked that button (yup - I feel stupid now).

I would like to add that I'd like if the Music Collection window minimized to the traybar... also noticed that if I have the small media player active (the one that stays on top of any window), with a skin that emulates WinAmp, that the ML button doesn't call up the Media Library; the PL button works (as well as the others). I don't know if it's a bug with the skin or with the smaller player..

Another idea for the Media Library... add a button (a down arrow would be fine) that when clicked would add any files that have been selected in the top most window (shift-left click) that it would add them to the queue (bottom window); a little simpler and more intuitive to add MP3 files to be played -vs- having to right click and then select EnQueue..

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

MMC (My Music Colection) will minimize to the task bar. Is there an advantage to minimizung it to the system tray? Or can you not minimize it at all on your set-up? If that is the case on your system, then it would suggest you have a problem.

The skin you mention is the WinAmp5 skin. It is indeed a bug that is confined to the on-screen mini control and for this particular skin. You can access MMC from the main WinAmp5 skin and you can call up MMC from the on-screen mini control from the default skin (or from the WinAmp Green skin, to name just the 2 skins I checked) without trouble.

If you look closely enough you may find such minor glitches in some of the skins. Posting these on the skins site is helpful to those people who submit skins (this is pretty much an all volunteer effort). You will also find some variations between features offered by the various skins (some skins do not have direct access to the MMC from the on-screen mini control, for example).

Thanks for your observations.
        Best wishes,
        Bill
        Last edited by xoas; December 09, 2005, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

I forgot to mention, unless you have disabled it, dBpowerAMP Audio Player (dAP) does feature a tray control and on the default skin and most other skins (I think) you can access MMC from the dAP tray control.

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

• donny
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Oct 2002

I myself don't keep mmc open when I'm not using it.. it loads fast enough and doesn't take up space in the memory nor on the taskbar...

and yes a few buttons or, as I would prefer, keyboard shortcuts would make wonders for speed, but at the time the development is not going in that direction, sorry...

Comment

Working...

]]>