title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

About my m3u file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malty
    • Dec 2005

About my m3u file

I'm having troubles with my m3u file. well, i went 2 a site and downloaded a song called injury. below the song title, it says "[WMA]". but when i've downloaded it, it says "injury.m3u".
    so it must've been m3u file instead of a WMA one.
    the problem is that i can't transfer it to my mp3.
    i've opened it with notepad, and it says "http://musicdown1.5716.com/2004V1/4/453/6.WMA"
    i don't understand. it gave me a web instead of a code. please help me... :(
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: About my m3u file

It's Windows that doesn't know what to save the file as. Normally ti shoudl have saved it as .wax or .asx .

No matter, in any case you have to go and get the actual wma file from the address given in the meta file.

That would be http://musicdown1.5716.com/2004V1/4/453/6.WMA - right click on this and save it to your pc as a wma file.

After that you can convert it to whatever you want.

It appears to be a very slow site though, so the download will take a bit long, despite it being a small file, only about 2MB.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; December 01, 2005, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• malty
      • Dec 2005

omg! thank u so much!!!
      now i can transfer it into my mp3!!!
      thank u sooo much!!!
      MAY GOD BLESS U!!!
      HOW CAN I EVER THANK U?

btw, what did u do to make it a wma file?

are u currently studying about audio stuffs?

if u are,
      u're doing a really good job!

gee, u're a genius

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

WMA files can originate from lossless files, such as WAVE or CD Audio format, which are converted using programs, such as dBpowerAMP, to convert to and from, (or ripped from).

It's a long story. Someone? I'm tired... Just went through MUN research....So exhausted....Maybe I'll come back and re-edit this post later and post a lecture, but now's not the time.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by malty
          omg! thank u so much!!!
          now i can transfer it into my mp3!!!
          thank u sooo much!!!
          MAY GOD BLESS U!!!
          HOW CAN I EVER THANK U?

btw, what did u do to make it a wma file?

are u currently studying about audio stuffs?

if u are,
          u're doing a really good job!

gee, u're a genius
          Malty, pipe down a bit here, buddy! :D

I did nothing special. You had that link all the time in your own .m3u file. You posted it but because of the quotes it didn't show up as a link. That was the web address of the true audio file you needed to download.

All I did was post it in the forum again withotu the quotes so you could right click it and save it (because the forum converts all properly written links to actual clickable links).

The rest is up to you to convert to another format and do whatever you want with it.

Comment

• hometea
            • Jan 2006

Hello All,

It's first time here, and i like this board.

Well, i have a little problem with my .m3u.
            I had downloaded a file and whenever i am trying to open it, the file close my window explorer. I think they have implement code that prevent me from playing it.
            To be short, i can't play it. I have tried the above tip, by opening it with notepad. I have no luck with that too. The notepad file is full off unreadable characters, so basically i can't find the link to the file.

In case it would help, this is the notepad file. I upload it to mytempdir.com

And this is the link to the file i had downloaded

It looked as an .mp3 file, but when i downloaded, i got .m3u instead.

Please help me figure out how to get the mp3.

Much thanks in advance
            Hometea

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

It's because you saved it the wrong way. Windows proposes to save it as m3u but you can put in mp3 instead.

Anyway, just rename your m3u files now to mp3 and it may work, unless there's some other impediment.

You cna tell from teh size of the file it's not an m3u - it's way too large, it corresponds to an mp3, so you just download it and save it as such.

Comment

• hometea
                • Jan 2006

Much thanks for the fast reply.

I follow your suggestion to rename the file, but i got error whenever i try. This is the error message i got.
                "Window Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
                I can't click, i can't rename, i can't move, because of that error.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Best Regards,
                Hometea

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

Reboot and try again. You may have a corrupted registry.

That function should work, no valid reason why not. And with that file.

Comment

Working...

]]>