title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Couple of thoughts for CD Writer...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spyder
    • Sep 2005

Couple of thoughts for CD Writer...

It's a great product and I can see me using it a lot. The following would make life easier though:
    • It would be nice to be able to rename the CD types to something memorable (e.g. R3mix 700Mb MP3 rather than appending #1, #2 to the types.
    • It would be helpful to be able to drag and drop folders and have CD writer select the music files from those folders to convert. The File Selector is useful but only works on mapped drives and most of my original data isn't mapped that way.
    • How about having both contributing and album artist in thge usable tags for the files names. This would help when creating MP3 disks with compilation albums.

I'm going to be using the program mainly for creating MP3 CDs for the car. The player I have displays CD contents based on folder so I use CD Writer to create those folders based on artist and album - hence the last wish.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Couple of thoughts for CD Writer...

• It would be nice to be able to rename the CD types to something memorable (e.g. R3mix 700Mb MP3 rather than appending #1, #2 to the types.
    That is a feature that I would to see as well.

• How about having both contributing and album artist in thge usable tags for the files names. This would help when creating MP3 disks with compilation albums.
    Not to sure what you mean by this as you can already organise files into folders on an MP3 CDROM based on the contents of the tags.

Wayne

Comment

• Spyder
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Wayne

Not to sure what you mean by this as you can already organise files into folders on an MP3 CDROM based on the contents of the tags.

Wayne
      My in-car player is pretty simple and just lists the folders and file names on the CD-ROM rather than reading the tags.

If I want to reproduce a compilation album as a folder I need to use format such as [Album]\[Track] because if I use my usual [Artist]\[Album]\[Track] I'll end up each track under a different path as the [Artist] changes from track to track. [Album Artist] would be set to something like "Various" for compilation albums which would keep everything together.

Not sure if that's any clearer :o

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Now I understand. There have been similar requests for CD Audio Input when ripping tracks from compilation CDs.

Wayne

Comment

Working...

]]>