title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Support for Cover Art during conversion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GianlucaM
    • Sep 2005

Support for Cover Art during conversion?

Hi. I have searched this forum but I could not find the aswer to my question.

I am adding cover art (JPG images) to all my music files which are encoded in .APE format, and I was wondering if there are plan in dBpowerAMP Music Converter to support cover art, so that a players that support it (like the iPod with .m4a files) can display it.
    Thanks,
    -Gianluca.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Support for Cover Art during conversion?

I believe Spoon has made reference to a super tag editing component that would do this and more but there is no telling when such a featurer will be ready. Spoon is the sole programmer for virtually all of the dBpowerAMP Programs and these are all in a constant state of improvement as well.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• GianlucaM
      • Sep 2005

Thank you for the reply Bill.
      Actually I don't need to be able to edit my .APE files to add the image, because I wrote my own .APE tag editor program that does that; I only need to be able to use dBpowerAMP to convert my .APE files (which already contain the cover art images) into another format (in my case .m4a) and have dBpowerAMP pass the image artwork to the .m4a encoder.
      I use the FAAC encoder (through the FAAC CLI encoder in dBpowerAMP), and I know that the FAAC command line encoder does take an image cover art file (like a *.JPG) in input.
      Thanks,
      -Gianluca.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

The problem is that dMC cannot interpret the album art, so it cannot put them into the new file.

Comment

• GianlucaM
          • Sep 2005

Hmm...OK.
          Forgive me for insisting but, in my case going from .APE to .M4A files it's just a matter of copying another tag over, with the only difference that the content of the cover-art tag need to be copied to a file and then that filename passed to FAAC as another command line option. It's quite easy to extract the cover-art tag from a .APE file using Monkey's Audio SDK package.
          -Gianluca.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Right, but as it has been said, dMC doesn't support cover-art tags right now. The Monkey's Audio SDK may support it, but dMC doesn't. Sorry

Comment

• rayi34
              • Oct 2005

Hello. Well I hate to state the obvious that being able to tag cover art is long overdue and needs to be done. This has been discussed long enough for the programmer (hint) to get the message. I actually would be willing to pay more for this feature to be included. I would use the coverter more often, but I actually tend to avoid it if I can.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It is down for adding, not sure if it will make R12, possibly R13.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

He does get the message and plans to include it at some point. For a more exact timeframe, you'll have to ask Spoon (programmer and developer).

Comment

Working...

]]>