title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ram converting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andy.65
    • Aug 2005

ram converting

Anyone know if ram files can be converted to mp3 or wave
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: ram converting

Yes they can. You will need to either install the new Directshow codec or the Real codec. Check out Codec Central, link at the top of the page, for the codecs themselves and details of any extra software that you will need to install.

BTW Are these real audio format files or small meta data files pointing to the location of the proper audio content? If they are meta data files then they can not converted and you will have locate the true audio file for conversion.

Wayne

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Re: ram converting

Here's some scoop on Real Media files and meta files:

A rose by any other name..... OK, here's the scoop on those pesky .ram files. I've been clamouring all this time that .ram files are meta-files (i.e. text files giving a link to an audio file), not actual audio files. And this is true unless .... just read on. :confused: BTW, all this stuff would probably apply to

I see the questions involving converting files with extensions such as .ram, .smil, .asx, .wax, .wvx, .m3u, etc keep coming back in various forms. Here is where I would like to contribute what little I know of such files and how to handle them. Mine is more of a layman's explanation of these concepts rather than a rigorously

Comment

Working...

]]>