title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Smart Mp3 to Wma Conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Insanelycool
    • Aug 2005

Smart Mp3 to Wma Conversion

I would like to be able to load folders of mp3's into dMC and have an option to convert the bitrates accordingly with the original (half the bitrate; or other variable for power users and VBR files). This would come in handy for other codec conversions as well. But I would definately like to see that option added to the power pack ASAP, as it would be a HUGE timesaver and not an extremely hard thing to impliment.
    Happy user of dMC for years now, but this is the one thing that I've been waiting for for far too long. :cry:
    Hopefully I will get the chance to make ammends :komisch9: :p
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Smart Mp3 to Wma Conversion

One manual way to do this is to install dAP and add all of your music files to "My Music Collection". Then, organize them by bitrate, right-click and convert each group of similar bitrate files to the new, desired bitrate. I think this is the only way to do this for now.

Comment

• Insanelycool
      • Aug 2005

I appreciate the tip, that alone will help me immensly.
      Do you know if there is a way to only run normalize on it? Maybe I overlooked it, but thats something I need to do as well.
      Muchos Gracias!

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Select those mp3 files you want to normalize in dMC (either through dMC, through dAP, or through File Selector).
        Choose mp3 as the file type you are converting to.
        Select bitrate to "as source" (assuming you want to make no other changes to bitrate), and choose channels "as source" (assuming you want to keep channels as they are).
        Click on the DSP Effects button and choose volume normalize.
        Now run your conversion.
        This procedure requires Power Pack for both the DSP effects and to re-encode the mp3 files.

You can use My Music Collection (MMC) in dAP (dBpoerAMP Audio Player) to group your files by file type by clicking the menu header that reads "Type" at the top of the MMC Window (you will need to scan slightly right to find this column).

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>