title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Automation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buddo
    • Aug 2005

Automation

I wonder if there are plans for a great tool like PowerAmp to be able to batch process files into lossy or lossless types. Also would really use an automated function that can trim the audio (say to 1min or 2 min length), make a fade on the audio, convert the audio to a MP3 (or other) and then save the whole lot. I end up doing a lot of this manually for web sites, demo CD's etc for different projects, but be great to have a tool to do all this in one foul swoop. Love the software and all its features!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Automation

I wonder if there are plans for a great tool like PowerAmp to be able to batch process files into lossy or lossless types
    What do you have in mind? Would this be different from using File Selector to convert large numbers of files or are you thinking of something along the lines of some of the features Spoon has in mind regarding "Professional" applications (click on the Professional tab above to see what he is thinking about here) or something different?

Also would really use an automated function that can trim the audio (say to 1min or 2 min length), make a fade on the audio, convert the audio to a MP3 (or other) and then save the whole lot.
    Can't you already do this using dMC with the Power Pack DSP effects to set trim settings for your files and do a fade while you are converting to mp3? Or is the problem one of not being able to preset the trim due to the variable length of tracks (in which case what is missing might be a modified trim adjustment)? Or is something else missing as well?

Thanks for your input.
    Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Can't you already do this using dMC with the Power Pack DSP effects to set trim settings for your files and do a fade while you are converting to mp3? Or is the problem one of not being able to preset the trim due to the variable length of tracks (in which case what is missing might be a modified trim adjustment)? Or is something else missing as well?
      Actually the trim DSP would not be helpful but either the Maximum Length DSP or the Sound Grabber DSP would seem to be appropriate for what you describe, combined with Volume Fade.

Best wishes,
      Bill
      Last edited by xoas; 08-10-2005, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

...did you just quote yourself, xoas, and correct yourself?

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Yes to both. I figured that would highlight the correction better than editing. Although the quote might have been redundant.

Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>