title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Seek Option for FLAC and Special Character support in PopUp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randi
    • Dec 2004

Seek Option for FLAC and Special Character support in PopUp

Found a solution for my very slow seeking time problem with my Rio Karma in the Rio Forums

quote:
    FLAC seeking is very slow unless your FLACs have seek-tables in their headers. You should make sure that your FLAC encoder command line has "-S 10s" in it, and, if you want to add seek-tables to existing FLAC files, you can use the command-line tools: "metaflac --add-seekpoint=10s foo.flac".
    (link: http://forums-riovolution.com/index.php?showtopic=15063 )

What I would like to have is, that when encoding to FLAC that encoder adds this option, and additionally an option to add this to an existing flac files.

2. The explorer Popup doesnt show the correct characters for example french or german characters, however "edit Tag", Winamp etc see the correct character

Thanks
    Randi
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Seek Option for FLAC and Special Character support in PopUp

For the explorer popup info, have you enabled foreign character sets in WIndows yet? Because is does indeed show correctly name and tag information for all Latin-based character sets. All diacritical accents in French, German and other languages will show ok. Go through the language packs in Regional Options in Control Panel and make sure you are using at least Western Europe and United States plus any others you are able to add. Also look in Advanced and pick as many as you can of the code pages. You may need to use WIndows Update to add more language support.

Comment

• linuxstb
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Randi
      Found a solution for my very slow seeking time problem with my Rio Karma in the Rio Forums

quote:
      FLAC seeking is very slow unless your FLACs have seek-tables in their headers. You should make sure that your FLAC encoder command line has "-S 10s" in it, and, if you want to add seek-tables to existing FLAC files, you can use the command-line tools: "metaflac --add-seekpoint=10s foo.flac".
      (link: http://forums-riovolution.com/index.php?showtopic=15063 )

What I would like to have is, that when encoding to FLAC that encoder adds this option, and additionally an option to add this to an existing flac files.
      The seektable is an optional part of the FLAC spec - so players should try and perform reasonably fast seeking without one. But this is one of the limitations of the FLAC format - it's hard to seek without a seektable.

So it would be nice if dbPowerAmp could follow the default behaviour of "flac.exe" and create files with a seektable containing seek points every 10 seconds. At the moment, there is no seektable at all in the file.

Comment

• tschan
        • May 2007

Originally posted by linuxstb
        So it would be nice if dbPowerAmp could follow the default behaviour of "flac.exe" and create files with a seektable containing seek points every 10 seconds. At the moment, there is no seektable at all in the file.
        Is this going to happen in the near future?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

We encode on the fly, where as flac.exe knows the length of the source, this causes real problems creating the seek table when the source length is not known.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>