title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxiliary Input HOTKEY to stop/start recording

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Auxiliary Input HOTKEY to stop/start recording

First off, I'd like to say that I already searched the forums and found a similiar thread but I found out too old to be resurrected, plus the title of the thread didn't really link with the post.

When I want to record audio from, say, a video game, the video game is ran in full screen. There is no way I can disable the full screen mode in Halo: Combat Evolved. Is there a hotkey function for the Auxiliary Input so that I can hit, say ctrl-alt-J to start and stop audio recording? If there is, I apologize for wasting web space. If there isn't, then this would be a really nice feature for the next beta.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Auxiliary Input HOTKEY to stop/start recording

If I remember correctly Microsoft keyboards have a record button, that would be a good addition.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
      If I remember correctly Microsoft keyboards have a record button, that would be a good addition.
      Is it already there for me or are you just suggesting this for the future?

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Does ALT-Tab work to switch to a different window while letting the game play in the background?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It would be a future addition. Just looked at a keyboard, there is no record button.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
            Does ALT-Tab work to switch to a different window while letting the game play in the background?
            Yes, but I don't want to Alt-Tab out of the game, because then I can't record audio instantly from the beginning of the game to the end.

Originally posted by Spoon da Man
            It would be a future addition. Just looked at a keyboard, there is no record button.
            How about a global hotkey? That would help a LOT.

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Start recording first, let it record a few seconds of silence, start your game and just let it go.

Or play with the Automatic Start and Stop setting in dMC Aux input. Where there's a will, there's a way

Comment

Working...

]]>