title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Request for making dMC more user friendly

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Request for making dMC more user friendly

-Can you set up dMC to rip with multiple drives at one time?
    -Music converter should alway connect to freedb, not just when using the Audio CD input interface
    -Set root directory and default file structure
    ie, I use FLAC/Artist/Album
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Request for making dMC more user friendly

Originally posted by EliC
    -Can you set up dMC to rip with multiple drives at one time?
    -Music converter should alway connect to freedb, not just when using the Audio CD input interface
    -Set root directory and default file structure
    ie, I use FLAC/Artist/Album
    I may be wrong here, but the only way the freedb database can be accessed with meaningful results is when getting the information for an entire audio cd at once, not individual tracks, and certainly not other types of files stored on a computer.

What do you mean by: set up dMC to rip with multiple drives at one time? Do you mean you want to read from 2 or more drives at the same time and rip from all of them simultaneously? I guess that would be feasible if you could start 2 or more instances of dMC Audio Cd Input, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now, or at least not on my pc. I was able however to start on instance of simple dMC and rip from one cd drive as well as a second instance of dMC AUdio CD input and rip from another drive. Mind you, I was only ding test conversions in both cases and I think that both instances would convert to the same thing, as whatever was last set. I don't know how well it would work if I was doing real conversions.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Re: Request for making dMC more user friendly

[QUOTE]Set root directory and default file structure
      ie, I use FLAC/Artist/Album[QUOTE]

Can you not already do this by going to dMC Audio CD Input, clicking on Options, clicking on File Creation and setting your default file structure and then using the dMC Window (the one where you set your format settings, etc.) to set your root directory?

Comment

Working...

]]>