title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

create new folder for album

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lewis_Levin

create new folder for album

Have a simple checkbox in options to create a new folder using the artist name for the folder and the album name a folder within that to hold the tracks. A choice should be offered for making the [artist] [album] the folder name or creating nested folders: [album] in [artist].

I hate having to navigate the folder hierarchy and typing the name each time I rip a CD. As I put all the artist\album folders in one place, I would never need to select folders again.

I'd have one click ripping. Sweet.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: create new folder for album

Open dMC Audio CD Input. Click on Options. Click on the line that reads File Creation. Click on the button that reads Set. Select your folder options either from the Preset Options or create your own.
    For example: the preset "[artist]\[album]\[track number xx] [artist] - [track]"
    will organize a seperate folder for each album for any given artist and will arrange tracks by two digit track number and list artist and track name information.
    You could create your own setting say "[artist]-[album]\[artist] [track]" which would create folders for each album (without nesting them in the artist folder) and show artist and track information (arranged alphabetically).
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• cr0wbar
      • Sep 2004

I do a similar thing, but i am quite happy with the following:

[artist]\[album]\[track number xx] [artist] - [title]

Makes it easy to burn CDs and what not

Best wishes

EDIT: Just realized this particular setup was already mentioned. It's late I can't read heh. Sorry :yawn:

Comment

• Lewis_Levin

Doh!

It wasn't immediately obvious from the dialog box UI that you could do this.

When I looked more closely at the help information I realized it immediately.

I will point out a near bug: You cannot actually delete previously used destinations--I kept getting my new folders within a previously created folder.

I actually had to go to the windows registry to delete the "recently used" folder destinations.

This is pretty bad because most people couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't do this.

But, it now works like a champ.

Comment

• RatMonkey
          • Feb 2005

For some reason, the 'File Creation' combo box only has '[artist] - [track]' and it won't let me enter my own. I am using v11.
          Help!

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RatMonkey
            For some reason, the 'File Creation' combo box only has '[artist] - [track]' and it won't let me enter my own. I am using v11.
            Help!
            Click on the Set button. You may have to click twice. Then you get a drop down list of combinations, but you can also manually input what you like.

Comment

• RatMonkey
              • Feb 2005

Thanks. It's not clear that you have to double-click on the set button. (I think I already tried single-clicking...)

Comment

• ejc
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Lewis_Levin
                Doh!

I will point out a near bug: You cannot actually delete previously used destinations--I kept getting my new folders within a previously created folder.

I actually had to go to the windows registry to delete the "recently used" folder destinations.
                Hi

How do you do this?

I have the same problem.

In addition, how do I tell which version of db I have? I think I downloaded mine back in September, and registered it 30 days later. Is there a newer version since?

Regards

ejc

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Start Menu --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration
                  Your version number will be on the first tab. The latest version is dMC r11.5

Comment

• J_Newt
                    • Mar 2007

Hey Guys, Im a noob in the audiofile world and I have question. I tried finding the answer before posting but could not seem to find the right answer so sorry If I am double posting...

I have the r12 version and I am using ALAC encoder. When ripping a disk I want for there to be a folder for the Artist and then a sub folder within the artist folder for each album. Also I would like for the tracks in the album spacific folder to be Track # - Track Name.

If this is possible please tell me how.

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

So basically, you want a setup such as this:
                      Code:
                      [artist]\[album]\[track] - [title]
                      Correct?
                      However, dMC r12 has various advanced options for compilation and multi-disc albums. You can use this simple scheme, or a more advanced but similar scheme:
                      Code:
                      [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[track] - [title][]

Comment

Working...

]]>