title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

codec for .OMA files

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: codec for .OMA files

Goddam.... I am so sick of my sony HD1 now... atrac has totally pissed me off!!! it make things so crap. my ipod was so simple to use. now i have to use that crappy player to play my oma files on my pc. also the ipod was so much better getting between songs with that click wheel.. and the docking station doesn't have an audio out either. why is sony trying their f -ing best to alienate customers? i will not recommend the HD1 to anyone. believe me stick to your ipods. I wouldnt mind the HD1 if it had three things. 1. a codec that i could play my songs though winamp. 2. a fitted car kit. 3. a docking station that had an audio out. gaddam sony! who is running that place. for 260 pounds i expect a lot more creativity and flexibility in a product!

Comment

• Unregistered

Hello,

An another way to copy an audio cd whith Oma files.

Use CLONECD first to make an image of your CD.
      Extract what is in the image with ISO Buster and put it in a folder.
      You can now use the audio files converted in .wav as you want.

I did it and it works.
      Sorry for my english....

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Here's a guaranteed way to convert it. Use a program that can read .oma formats (a.k.a. SonicStage), and put those tracks on a CD. Then put the CD back into your computer and use a program that can copy music from a CD to .mp3 format (a.k.a. MusicMatch Jukebox). Then when you add it to that program in .mp3 format you will now have that file on your computer sucessfully converted, without a codec or anything like that.
        Sony Sonic stage will not let you burn a cd from an .oma file that was created by recording live into a minidisc recorder. For example, If I plug a microphone into my MD recorder and record something, I can transfer it to my computer and play it in Sonic Stage but I cannot convert or burn it. However, If I download an .oma music file from Connect.com, Sonic Stage will let me burn that file to a .Wav encoded CD which of course I could then rip to MP3.

Comment

• Unregistered

i just ate a big mac to download ryan cabrera's new single!! lol anyways, windows media player does work to play the oma files, which is great. but i couldn't save it to my library. then i tried changing the file name to .mp3 and the end and it worked!! haha that's crazy man. thanks yall!
          I just tried this and it does work. It's still an OMA file, and you need to check the pop up box that says it's a non-supported file, but WMP may still be able to play it. Once you do this, change the filename to ".mp3" and you'll be able import the file into your media library.

Comment

• nesjo

I got a disk "pre-ripped" for PC - like a bitrate of 128 or something rubbish, judging by the filesizes of the "pre-ripped" files.

So I ignored the Sony software (deactivate auto-play for CDs in Windows) and simply ripped the CD as usual using Audiograbber.

As usual for conversion to MP3 I used WinLAME.

It worked for me ...

Copy protection - yeah right.

Comment

• tekomni

You can rename the file extention however this does not "convert" it to an MP3. If you can open it with your MP3 player, you could have also just opened the OMA file itself because that is still the file format even if the extension says MP3. Has anyone found a real solution to convert the file format?

Comment

• tekomni

Actually I found a way to do it just now. Download this program: http://www.tmpgenc.net/. It will convert the file to mpeg layer 1, 2 or lossless wav.

Good luck !

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

I think .oma files are really .wma files with DRM.
                  You may be able to rename .oma files to .wma and use Window Media Player to burn an audio cd and then rip the tracks again using dMC or other. But you may still not be able to burn the audio cd if you don't have the rights to the files.

You can try the Hymn program: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...highlight=hymn

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by BigDada-Z
                    Kinda funny, but more Microsoft-like...you can only create/burn MP3 CD's if you have a Sony VAIO computer....It wouldn't even let me convert from the oma file to wav, using Sony's own software, because I don't have a VAIO Craputer.....

Also...nevermind...this is becoming a rant, I'll save it for another thread
                    Ok. I am totally pissed off. I don't have enough songs to make an MP3 CD, and i hate fing OMA Files. Winamp doesn't play them. is there any other media player that ill play oma's???
                    DOWN WITH OMA FILES. SONY SUCKS!!!!

Comment

• Unregistered

ok...you just need 2 things:

after you have installed the 1st you install the 2nd.....and it will 100% work!!!

100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats it...have fun

Comment

• Unregistered

Comment

• Unregistered

I followed the instructions, and installed audiograbber and the codec, but the tracks from Astronaut still sound all messed up :((

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by ghost
                            Well it worked for me and it converted the whole file too with no problem
                            I just wrote exactly how I did it.
                            Is your file longer than 1 minute?
                            I did the same thing and it only converted first 1 minute then silent after that...

Comment

• Unregistered

Works fine with Anastacia CD

Comment

• Oli

Sony Sonic stage will not let you burn a cd from an .oma file that was created by recording live into a minidisc recorder. For example, If I plug a microphone into my MD recorder and record something, I can transfer it to my computer and play it in Sonic Stage but I cannot convert or burn it. However, If I download an .oma music file from Connect.com, Sonic Stage will let me burn that file to a .Wav encoded CD which of course I could then rip to MP3.
                                If you make microphone recording with a Sony HI-MD then this is THE answer for converting .oma files to .wav: the Official SONY WAV Conversion Tool.

Here's a quote:

The WAV Conversion Tool is software designed to convert OpenMG™ Audio format files to PCM WAV files. Specifically, this tool is only for OpenMG Audio format files that have been recorded through the MIC or LINE-IN (analog) input from a Hi-MD™ Walkman® device and uploaded to SonicStage® software. Convertible tracks recorded through a Hi-MD device can be converted to WAV format files using the WAV Conversion Tool.

It works a treat for me. Finally Sony has got something right! Now my Minidisc can be used for what I bought it for, making digital recordings of university lectures and live music that I make with my friends which I can play on a CD. :D

Comment

Working...

]]>