title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

codec for .OMA files

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oli

Re: codec for .OMA files

Originally posted by Unregistered
    ----------- BEST METHOD TO CONVERT .OMG to .WAV ------------------
    In sonic stage, set your temp folder to c:\CONVERT or something you can easily get to. (tools, options, creating a CD)
    put in a blank cdr
    select the tracks you want to copy
    select create CD from the "controls" menu
    when the progress bar gets to about 75%, and the filesize of the largest .TMP file (or files) stops growing, quickly copy them to somewhere else.
    rename the large .TMP files to .WAV files.
    Protection gone.
    This doesn't work for me. The .tmp files are only 20KB in size for a 5 min song. Maybe this is cause sonicstage will only make an ATRAC CD for recordings made on HiMD.
    Why does Sony make their products so unusable?
    I know I'm never buying anything Sony again.

Comment

• Unregistered

In sonic stage, set your temp folder to c:\CONVERT or something you can easily get to. (tools, options, creating a CD)
      put in a blank cdr
      select the tracks you want to copy
      select create CD from the "controls" menu
      when the progress bar gets to about 75%, and the filesize of the largest .TMP file (or files) stops growing, quickly copy them to somewhere else.
      rename the large .TMP files to .WAV files.
      Protection gone.
      THAT REALLY WORKS!

You do not even waste a CD-R if you chose "Test only"...

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Oli
        This doesn't work for me. The .tmp files are only 20KB in size for a 5 min song. Maybe this is cause sonicstage will only make an ATRAC CD for recordings made on HiMD.
        Why does Sony make their products so unusable?
        I know I'm never buying anything Sony again.
        Maybe you have to select "Wav" in the options-menu...

Comment

• Jan

Well lets put in my USD 0,02.

I have for example the CD of Anastacia which is off course copy protected.
          I never copy music which i did not buy, but this sony shit is just plain stupid, I do a lott of excercising and running and love to listen to music during it, so I always have my little budy the MP3 player with me, but no , sony will not let you copy your own CD`s to a MP3 player which is not produced by them.

First step i did was.

1.) I used DBpowerAMP audio CD input.You can download it for free just google it.Do not use DBpower music converter.

2.) Just rip the the files.

3.) Then load these ripped files in Sonicstage, put in a blank CD.

4.) Create an audio CD.

It will just work fine, no hassle with copyright etc.

Anyhow it worked for me.

Comment

• devnull

screw sony!!!! i'm sending their crappy conglomerate corporate piece of unusable scrap metal back for a full freaking refund. you want portable recording power with simple and flexible digital transfer? try archos. let sony dig their own grave...

Comment

• Unregistered

I had backed up all the .OMA music files (through the program OpenMG) in a directory A.
              I renamed them to .mp3 (as you proposed) and it works fine.
              I converted them to .mp3 format.
              Thanx a lot.

Comment

• Unregistered

There is actually no .OMA issue if you use the software called "ISO buster"
                with it you can just simple rip the .CDA for the protected CD ( not .OMA)
                into wav file. then you can convert the wav file into any format.

Just forget about the .oma file.

Comment

• Unregistered

you can get "ISO BUSTER" Free from www.IsoBuster.com

Comment

• Brian NiX

My SonicStage software doesn't appear to have an option to burn CDs. I checked the help file, and at least with the current version, CD burning is only available if you're using Sounic Stage on a Sony Viao that comes with the Sonic Stage software preinstalled. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of SonicStage that will allow me to burn CDs?

If you have the time, i'd appreciate it if you could e-mail me at manvsfriction@gmail.com If you can help me out, I've got g-mail invites for you, if that's any incentive.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by La Vale
                      Hi everyone,
                      I'm searching for a codec to convert .OMA files (These are music files created by Sony Music, you can find them for example in the new Anastacia cd) to any other type of music files (mp3, wma, ram)..
                      Thank you..
                      La Vale

Comment

• Unregistered

There is actually no .OMA issue if you use the software called "ISO buster"
                        with it you can just simple rip the .CDA from the protected CD ( not .OMA)
                        into wav file. then you can convert the wav file into any format.

Just forget about the .oma file.

Let get a free copy of ISO Buster from www.IsoBuster.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I have just bought the new Darren Hayes album "The Tension And The Spark" and it is protected to the teeth!

Playing the CD directly through Media Player, iTunes, etc causes a strange skipping effect. Ripping the audio using IsoBuster just rips a wave file with this skippage in it, same with iTunes importing it. Every single program I have tried (including TMPGEnc) cannot do anything with this CD. When I use TMPGEnc to try and convert the .omg files off the CD as someone suggested in an earlier post, TMPGEnc just gives a "Cannot read the audio..." error.

So far dbpowerAMP, TMPGEnc, Goldwave, CDex, Nero, IsoBuster have all gave up on converting this CD so I ask has anyone had any luck with getting around this. I paid for this damn CD, I want to put it on my iPod but thanks to Sony that aint gonna happen!

Oh, and can the poster who mentioned using a .oma plugin for dbpowerAMP please post a link, it is not listed on codec central (I think you made it up ;-))

~DC:UK~

Comment

• ChristinaS
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Apr 2004

I have just bought the new Darren Hayes album "The Tension And The Spark" and it is protected to the teeth!

Playing the CD directly through Media Player, iTunes, etc causes a strange skipping effect. Ripping the audio using IsoBuster just rips a wave file with this skippage in it, same with iTunes importing it. Every single program I have tried (including TMPGEnc) cannot do anything with this CD. When I use TMPGEnc to try and convert the .omg files off the CD as someone suggested in an earlier post, TMPGEnc just gives a "Cannot read the audio..." error.

So far dbpowerAMP, TMPGEnc, Goldwave, CDex, Nero, IsoBuster have all gave up on converting this CD so I ask has anyone had any luck with getting around this. I paid for this damn CD, I want to put it on my iPod but thanks to Sony that aint gonna happen!

Oh, and can the poster who mentioned using a .oma plugin for dbpowerAMP please post a link, it is not listed on codec central (I think you made it up ;-))

~DC:UK~
                            I am assuming what you have is a properly bought commercial audio CD, not a cd of mp3 files or other compressed files, which can be played in all conventinal cd players. If Windows Media Player appears not to play this original cd properly (regardless of it's copy protection), I'm more inclined to suspect that either the cd drive is defective, if the cd itself is not scratched or dirty. Failing that, you may want to check your Volume control (from the task bar) and see what kind of input you're getting. For cd playing, at least the CD Player option should be unmuted, but the microphone should be muted.

Comment

• Unregistered

Trust me it is the CD. It plays fine in a normal CD player but in a PC it just doesn't play, all I get is the strange skipping type noise. I have tried this CD on my two PC's and my laptop and all have the same outcome! If anyone would like me to upload a sample I will post a link and you can hear the quality for yourselves!

Oh, and the .OMA files don't play, SonicStage keeps asking me to download a license to play them. Is this normal for .OMA files?

Comment

• Unregistered

Please try to play the CD with WinDVD, see if the skippage still there,
                                if there is no skippage, then you might try dbpoweramp auxiliary input
                                to record it into wav or mp3

Comment

Working...

]]>