title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows Media Audio/Video playlist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Windows Media Audio/Video playlist

how can i convert Windows Media Audio/Video playlist to mp3,wave or wma?
    also how can i convert m3u to mp3?
    email me at brownbear@txucom.net thanks donny
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: Windows Media Audio/Video playlist

I think dAP doesn't convert windows media playlists... you should save them as m3u or pls, then I think that it is enough to select the playlists and dMC will convert all ofthe files on it...

Comment

• dmneoblade
      • Apr 2004

m3u is simply a file listing mp3s. this is an example from one of mine:

Code:
      \A Little Bit Special\02 Stephen Lynch - Half a Man.mp3
      \A Little Bit Special\03 Stephen Lynch - Bitch.mp3
      \A Little Bit Special\07 Stephen Lynch - Priest.mp3
      \A Little Bit Special\16 Stephen Lynch - Tall Glass o' Water.mp3
      \Funny\06 - Lobachevsky.mp3
      \Funny\Dr. Demento - Dungeons and Dragons.mp3
      \Funny\Robin_Williams_-_Marijuana.mp3
      \Gwar\Gwar - *blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper* An Animal.mp3
      \Misc\l33t-h4x0r.mp3

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
        how can i convert Windows Media Audio/Video playlist to mp3,wave or wma?
        also how can i convert m3u to mp3?
        email me at brownbear@txucom.net thanks donny

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Take a look at http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4992

A playlist is a text file that you can edit using Notepad. You'll find inside the actual names of audio/video files that are being played and you work with those.

Comment

• kanasi
            • Aug 2004

In VERY SIMPLE TERMS someone explain how to turn a m3u into an actual audio file please.....

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kanasi
              In VERY SIMPLE TERMS someone explain how to turn a m3u into an actual audio file please.....
              In very simple terms an m3u is NOT an audio file. It is purely a text file and it contains the name of one or several audio files inside it. These are usually mp3 files.

You can only convert those individual files whose names are residing inside the m3u file. If you don't have them on your pc, you'll have to download them from wherever they are.

All the explanations are at http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4992

Comment

• kanasi
                • Aug 2004

when i open it with notepad this is what i see #EXTINF:240 Freerapbeats+Freerapbeats99.mp3 http://www.soundclick.com/util/bandradio/streammp3.cfm
                so what do i actually do with this???

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

when i open it with notepad this is what i see #EXTINF:240 Freerapbeats+Freerapbeats99.mp3 http://www.soundclick.com/util/bandradio/streammp3.cfm
                  so what do i actually do with this???
                  I guess all you can do is play it through Soundclick's own player and record it through dMC Auxiliary input. You cannot download the file because you don't have an actual link to it that you can follow separately. There's no direct access to that file.

From memory, I believe Soundclick prepares a stream on request, so it effectively blocks you from ever finding the name of the actual audio file for independent downloading. This is why I find that I can only play Soundclick hi-fi streamed audio through their own player. The lo-fi version plays ok in WMP. For downloading mp3 files you must be signed in.
                  Last edited by ChristinaS; August 28, 2004, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• kanasi
                    • Aug 2004

what is dmc auxiluray input????

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2004

what is dmc auxiluray input????
                      This is another of the programs available in the family of dBpowerAMP.

You use dMC Auxiliary Input to record the audio from any file that you can play on your computer through the soundcard. You can capture the audio from vinyl records played on a turntable attached to your computer's soundcard through the line-in jacks. Or you can capture the audio of streamed files from the internet. Ot you can capture the audio from an encrypted file which otherwise cannot be converted to anything else, as long as you have a player that can play it on your computer.

You download and install dMC Auxiliary Input from http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm where you will find it at the bottom of the page.

You follow the instructions given in help or those that I have at http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 . They apply to all situations where you will use dMC Auxiliary Input, regardless of what type of output file you want to achieve and regardless of how the input to your soundcard comes in.

Comment

• malty
                        • Dec 2005

I'm having troubles with my m3u file. well, i went 2 a site and downloaded a file. they put "WMA" in there. but when i've downloaded it, it says "injury.m3u".
                        so it must've been m3u file. i can't transfer it to my mp3.
                        i've opened it with notepad, and it says "http://musicdown1.5716.com/2004V1/4/453/6.WMA"
                        i don't understand. it gave me a web instead of a code. please help me...

Comment

• ChristinaS
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Apr 2004

Read the FAQ section on meta files please in the Support forum .

Comment

Working...

]]>