title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Selective Play

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JahSun
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2003

Selective Play

I've been messing with the Selective Play stuff lately, and though I still prefer random play for the novelty of not knowing what will come.... I have two suggestions for this feature.

1) Select by Albums.
    2) Select by # of plays (or lack thereof)

Extra note: I noticed that my DAP isn't changing the "new" icon associated with newly added files to the icon associated with the type of file when said file is played in random play. I seem to remember that it used to do this, but I may be wrong. (I've also used a number of versions of this Player & I may be thinking of a Beta version) Editing the tag, double clicking the file, encueing etc. all work fine. However, a file played randomly has still been played. The volume boost is set, the number of times counter goes up, but that yellow "new" stays.
    :rolleyes:
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: Selective Play

As far as I know the file is considered new until the user rates it or does some editing... it still can be new if you heard i only once

Comment

• JahSun
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2003

The yellow "New" isn't a big deal. As you said, it switches when you actually alter the file somehow. This is useful when you need to see which files you've tagged already, and don't want the songs that are playing in the background to change their little yellow flag before you get to them. This was an afterthought after all. I think a selective play by album and by # of times played would be more useful. Spoon's famous "list" is long enough as is.

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

Yeah, the list is long

Selective play could be improved no the less... I still think the easyest way would be to implement selective based on user highlight states... that way you could just mark teh albums you want to hear, and with no big problem could add just one track...

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

"I've been messing with the Selective Play stuff lately, and though I still prefer random play for the novelty of not knowing what will come.... "

You're probably already aware of this but Selective Play and Random Play are NOT incompatible with each other. You can use Selective Play to restrict the field of tracks to be randomly selected by Artist, Genre, year or preference (in dAP r2), if you prefer random play. So, for example, I exclude my tracks of Christmas music during the off-season and continue to randomly play all my other genres. If I wanted to randomly play just my Blues tracks or Stevie Ray Vaughn tracks I can use selective play to accomplish this as well.

I think a selective play by album and by # of times played would be more useful..."

My understanding is that Spoon is already working on Random play options which include random play by album. This would logically also include selective play by album. This may be in the beta of dAP r3.
          Best wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>